Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

October 17th, 2000 22:00

Covert Ops - training videos jerky

My son just bought Covert Ops (Rainbow Six) and is disappointed that the video clips on the training disk have jerky video and somewhat broken sound.

Tried the config stuff for the disk -- no joy. Tried the Rainbow Six support FAQ. The same.
I did a major housecleaning and defrag.

XPSt500 with (from Device Manager):
TBS Montego Multifunction PCI Platform
NVidia RIVA TNT

It's not the end of the world as we know it, of course,
but if anyone else has run across this, I would be interested in possible solutions. I think I am mostly shocked -- up to this point, this 18-month old computer has been pretty close to perfect.

-- sarah

214 Posts

October 18th, 2000 00:00

Its probably your graphics card, or directx. Make sure you upgrade to the latest version of directx, and make sure you have the most recent video driver. If you have a NVIDIA card, like the geforce, you can get the 6.34 at www.reactorcritical.com

I play this game alot and have had the same problem at first. Then after updating my graphics card driver and directx, it fixed the problem.

Andrew.

4 Posts

October 18th, 2000 14:00

I had a similar sound problem. I updated the drivers on my brand new dell and the sound works fine. An Issue I noticed is that the factory install was slightly different than the makers software. When I dowloaded the sound drivers directly from the manufacturer it fixed everything. Dell didn't have any updates for sound drivers listed.
No Events found!