Not applicable

Crackling Sound, Static latency GPU problems

Jump to solution

My specs: Dell Optiplex 745, Quad core Xeon X3220 2.4ghz, windows 7 64bit, sound max driver, PNY GTX 550 TI. Fresh install btw, win 7 sp1, i haven't install any chipest drivers because i don't seem to need them , even though i did before and it didn't fix the problem when i was using a e6600.  and i don't have the installer disc for the dell 745.

The latency issues, sound crackling noise only happens when i install drivers on my GPU and i have tried pretty much every driver. Here's the strange part, it seems to be affecting certain games, but not ever game. And the sound issues are really strong, even when im sitting at the desktop listening to music, if i hit refresh i can hear the static and crackling noise. I ran the test without installing the drivers, all green mostly, soon as i install the drivers so my gpu will work, its red and green and high latency .

I figure its my mb , but im trying to figure out why when gaming it only affects certain games, while others work perfectly fine. could a faulty mb be the cause? because i have no idea how to solved it. and i won't have the money to buy a new mb until next month. its only affecting about 4 games, and i can't play flash browser games, oto much static bad performance.

oh and despite this, videos on *** or youtube 1080p runs flawless, no sound issues. strange right?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

RE: Crackling Sound, Static latency GPU problems

Jump to solution

GMNightmare,

I understand. Check out some President Day sales from Dell. You may can afford on of the listed ones.

Dell Presidents Day Sale

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

Jump to solution

GMNightmare,

There are no WIndows 7 drivers for the Optiplex 745.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
6 Replies

Jump to solution

GMNightmare,

You will need to install the chipset drivers in the system for the hardware to work properly. There is also a driver install order that will need to be followed. Below is a link to drivers install order.

Optiplex 745 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals.

Drivers Install Order

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Out of Warranty Support
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I can try that, but don't think it will work. i think my mb is just old and can't handle the GPU good. I'm going to replace the MB soon with a HP version. don't have the cash to buy a new dell and warranty is ran out anyway years ago. Anyways,if anything changes for the better i will update this thread.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

GMNightmare,

I understand. Check out some President Day sales from Dell. You may can afford on of the listed ones.

Dell Presidents Day Sale

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Out of Warranty Support
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Just a update, using a sound card, diamond PCI did help with solving the sound stuttering performance issues with other games. But 3 other games still have the issues. So i guess its the Motherboard.   Thanks for the link to the sales. I will check them over, but no rush atm.

cheers

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Quick question, where can i find Intel RST drivers for my Dell optiplex 745. It seems i don't have to them install and do i have to go into my bios and change something before installing them?

I CAN'T seem to find any for win7 64. hanks.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

GMNightmare,

There are no WIndows 7 drivers for the Optiplex 745.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Out of Warranty Support