Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 27th, 2009 00:00

Customer service/satisfaction issues... NEED ADVICE

Ordered xps 435 online with the help of customer rep on the phone. As I am new to Dell products, I thought all xps 435 are the same. When you configure the cpu online there is only one type showing under "xps 435" (the one with silver and orange, which is the one I wanted) and no mention of 435mt. But to my surprise as I opened the box today when I received it, it was not what I ordered! I received the 435mt. Now I'm having it returned and the resolution rep mentioned that the customer sales rep that was helping me failed to mention the two different models (which by the way not even differentiated online). Apparently, there's two different xps 435... 435mt and 435t. But again, there was no mention of that online and by the sales rep that helped me. I tried to order another one (the right one, xps 435T), but the sales rep said that I won't be able to get the same deal that I got from the wrong order. They said that the coupon has expired and there is no way they can accomodate that. I feel otherwise! I believe that it was Dell that erred in this process by not differentiating the different models online and through the phone and that  I should get the same discount that I used with a coupon.Waited almost a month and now I got something I don't want.... needless to say, this has been a very frustrating experience!!

Can somebody please advice..

611 Posts

March 27th, 2009 04:00

Dell has a great website and you should use it in the future to be sure you are ordering what you want.  Do your research up front to avoid these kinds of misunderstandings.  The Studio XPS (435MT) is a very nice system.  Don't be so quick to dismiss it!

23 Posts

March 27th, 2009 11:00

Yes everyone should use the website to order, don't put your order in the hands of someone else.  Also every component you are purchasing you should see if you can get it cheaper if bought separately.  I saved $90 on my monitor by purchasing it separate from my PC order.  Just had 2 items on my order, did not increase shipping at all.

452 Posts

March 28th, 2009 13:00

Forgot to mention you can save even more by checking out the Dell outlet tab. If may have the system your looking for, it ships quick, with the same 21 day return and warranty on most systems.

452 Posts

March 28th, 2009 13:00

I agree! Eliminate human error and order from the website! You can always cancel if you make the error. Before you order, Google "Dell coupons" , that is how I saved 25% on my system!

No Events found!