Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 8th, 2016 08:00

DELL S2415H blinking!

so i just got home from work, start my CPU, watching some youtube, when suddenly the main monitor (DELL) turn black, and not long it goes like this

i bought this like 2 months ago, it still consider NEW in my opinion, this problem should happens later on the 5 or more years to come, i'm not making any changes before this happened, and it works great before, VGA driver always updated, at first i thought my VGA failing, but my secondary monitor works OK (samsung)

here's what i've done after this happens:

GOOGLING about it, found nothing about the same problem i have

i've checked all the cables and adaptor nothing loose

i've tried to unplugged the HDMI cable, still the same

tried to  turn the monitor off for about 10minutes or so, still the same
DELL Monitor plugged into HDMI and

tried to change the main monitor between samsung & dell, duplicate it, extend it via windows 10 display settings

should i turn this monitor in for warranty claim? since it's only two months old, or is there any way to fix this??

and here's my PC specs
------------------
System Information
------------------
      Time of this report: 8/8/2016, 20:43:06
         Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release_sec.160630-1736)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
                     BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/24/14 17:59:32 Ver: 04.06.05
                Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor              (6 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
                   Memory: 8192MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 8148MB RAM
                Page File: 4946MB used, 9090MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\Windows
          DirectX Version: 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
       System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.10586.0000 64bit Unicode

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 9th, 2016 13:00

Open the S2415H User's Manual to page 44. Run the stand alone Self-Test and Built-in Diagnostics.
* If the blinking happens during the test, get it exchanged
* If the blinking does NOT happen during the test, the monitor is not at fault. The fault lies with either the cabling, computer, video card, or video card port

2 Posts

August 17th, 2016 07:00

well i've called dell service center and they've change the monitor in 3 days, now everything's back to normal, so it's definitely not my graphic card that failing, and weird thing here in my country Indonesia, all Dell monitor (that i all know of, in this case mine & my friend monitor) don't have any service tags

No Events found!