Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 8th, 2014 19:00

DELL vostro 430a Solid Blue status But not show anything on monitor

I have DELL vostro 430a for 2 years now. 

According to this link : http://en.community.dell.com/resized-image/__size/550x0/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3514/VOSTRO-430.jpg

My computer already on Blue Solid state, which indicates fully functional on the On state. But apparently not shows anything on monitor.

I thought it was video issues but it isn't. I already switch with another monitor but still doesn't show anything.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your help!

3 Posts

December 23rd, 2014 23:00

I have DELL vostro 430a for 2 years now. 

According to this link : http://en.community.dell.com/resized-image/__size/550x0/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3514/VOSTRO-430.jpg

My computer already on Blue Solid state, which indicates fully functional on the On state. But apparently not shows anything on monitor.

I thought it was video issues but it isn't. I already switch with another monitor but still doesn't show anything.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your help!

Hey, I finally found the solution!. Okay I forgot mention that I had attached new memory (RAM) to the DELL 430. I realize that this Vostro 430 is a 'CBU' computer, so it's already shipped with it's own components. So If you attach or replace some component which don't have exact specification with DELL vostro 430 default components, it will cause trouble.

For example I attached new memory, DDR3 PC3-10600, where my default DELL vostro 430 has DDR3 PC3-12800. 

I remove the DDR3 PC3-10600, press the power button and voila! My computer turned on again!

Then I put again my DDR3 PC3-10600 with DDR3 PC3-12800, and my computer still normal (turned on, because the trigger from previous action)

One week later my DELL vostro 430 won't turn on again. Then I buyed new DDR3 PC3-12800.

I replace the DDR3 PC3-10600 with DDR3 PC3-12800. It works until now!

Anyway thanks for the replies!

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 8th, 2014 21:00

Hi syahfaiz,

It should be either an issue with the monitor or a software issue. Please disconnect the monitor cable from the system and check if ‘No signal’ popup is coming up. Also, please let me know if you can see Dell logo when you try starting up the computer.

Also, I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check for issue resolution.

1. Switch off the computer.
  2. Disconnect the power cable from the wall.
  3. Disconnect all the peripherals from the tower
  4. Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
  5. Then connect back all the peripherals and check if you are able to switch on the computer.

Also, I would suggest you reseat a few components, like memory again, hard drive and optical drive and see if that makes a difference. In the link below punch in the system service tag or express service code and you can access the user manual for removing and reseating components.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know the findings.

78 Posts

How could it be a monitor issue if he already changed the monitor with a newer or older one? if the fist and second monitor don't work then how would a third one work? and there wouldn't be a software issue unless the drivers for the video card is not even compatible with the video card (which i highly doubt).

78 Posts

Change the video card if you don't see anything on the screen

3 Posts

December 9th, 2014 18:00

Thank you Mr Ravi for the response.

I think it's not the monitor issues. I've switch with any normal monitors, but it's still not working.

Yes, ‘No signal’ popup is coming up when I disconnect the monitor cable.

But what makes it strange that  the power button 'Solid Blue', but the Dell logo hasn't shown.

I've also tried your advice from number 1 to 5 ;

Also, I  reseat a few components, like memory again, hard drive and optical drive ... 

but  it's still same, The power button Solid Blue, and Dell logo not shown.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 12th, 2014 10:00

Hi syahfaiz,

I would suggest you to check if there is Power Supply Light Led is light up or not, the power supply is defective if the LED light is OFF. I would also suggest you to clear CMOS settings on the system.

1. Disconnect the computer from the electrical outlet to clear the CMOS setting.
  2. Remove the computer cover
  3. Reset the current CMOS settings:
  • Locate the 3-pin CMOS jumper (CLEAR CMOS) on the system board.
  • Remove the jumper plug from the CMOS jumper (CLEAR CMOS) pins 2 and 3.
  • Place the jumper plug on the CMOS jumper (CLEAR CMOS) pins 1 and 2 and wait approximately five seconds.
  • Remove the jumper plug and replace it on the CMOS jumper (CLEAR CMOS) pins 2 and 3.
  1. Replace the computer cover.
  2. Connect your computer and devices to electrical outlets, and turn them on.

No Events found!