Highlighted
wjsager
1 Copper

DImension E520 Blue Screen

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

Stop 0x0000007B

0 Kudos
2 Replies
fireberd
6 Indium

Re: DImension E520 Blue Screen

If this only happened one time, I wouldn't worry about it.  However, if you got this more than once, then there is obviously a problem. It can be anything from a virus/malware to a hardware problem, such as a hard drive.  There are Dell diagnostics on the hard drive accessed by F12 at boot up, run a complete diagnostic and see if anything shows up as a starter.

HERE is the Microsoft tech article on the various 7B errors.

I have a bank of 5 external USB connected CD burner drives and depending on how I power them on, I've got that error.  Fortunately I know what causes it and can take precautions to not turn on all the drives at one time. 

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
wjsager
1 Copper

Re: DImension E520 Blue Screen

I have changed hard drives and boot from CD ROM with Windows XP CD.  During the setup the 7b error comes up everytime.  Does this system have to have a dell partition on the drive?

0 Kudos