Highlighted
3 Argentum

Re: Dell 13 in 1 media card reader problem

Thanks again.

@Rebel9 wrote:

bertrammoshier,

The available firmware update for the 13-in-1 also adds additional memory card formats which upgrades these older readers to 19-in-1.

Glad you found those posts helpful. Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
3 Zinc

Hi!  I'm so glad I found this thread.  I've been posting under Desktops-General Hardware.  I have a Dim E520.  Now before I download this firmware and driver updates, I want to make sure I have the same reader.  Mine is a 13-1 but says TEAC USB HS not HH.  And I don't see any CA200 in the description. 

Also my 2 usb ports on the front disappear too, not just the card reader.  Also my  external card reader in my HP printer disappears after I use a sd card it, too!!   HELPPPPPPPPPP!!!

Is the 13-1 internal card reader connected directly or through a USB Hub?  On the Dell Drivers & Downloads for the TEAC CA200 HH 13-1 Card Reader it says it must not be connected throught a USB Hub.  How do I tell exactly which reader I have? 

And also I started having problems with the drives disappearing AFTER I put in a sd card I had used in my new Garmin GPS.  The GPS can play mp3 and jpeg files.  I put some songs on a sd card, put it in the Garmin, put it back in the pc.  

Please check out my posts under Desktops-General Hardware.

Christine

Dimension E520 Desktop
MS Media Center Edition 2005 - Current
Intel Core 2 Duo processor E6300
2GB dual-channel DDR2 SDRAM
Integrated Audio - SigmaTel High Def
Video - NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE
320GB HD
😧 is Philips DVD-Rom DROM6316
E: is NEC DVD+-RW ND-3650A
Monitor is E207WFP

Inspiron 6000
Win XP sp2 - Current
Intel Pentium M 730 (1.6ghz/2MB)
Accelerator 900 Graphics
80GB HD
Phillips DVD+-RW SDVD8820
Intel PRO/wireless 2200

Inspiron 1501
Win XP MCE
2gb AMD Turion 64
1GB DDR2 533MHz 2 Dimm
Phillips DVD+-RW SDVD8820

Comcast Cable Modem to Alpha Shield firewall to Netgear Router. Wireless to Inspiron 6000 & 1501 and wire to Dim E520. 

ALSO my external card reader in my HP printer does the same thing!!  It disappears too.  Why would that be? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

The Dell driver page only reports the Teac CA-200 HH 13-1 card reader for your PC.  See it here under the "CD/DVD" category - http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&ServiceTag=&SystemI...=

Highlighted
2 Iron

Hi there,

Sorry to piggy-back on this post but I have identical problems to those above, but when I try to download driver updates, it won't allow me to do so. Where am I going wrong?

WM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

I should add that it says that the application is not formattted, if this helps.

WM

0 Kudos