Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 24th, 2013 11:00

Dell 2320

I have a 2320 all in one, with intermitting vertical line on the screen, it makes it very difficult to read e-mails, this started after the kids start to play online video games. As anyone seeing this and have a solution to fix this problem.

3.1K Posts

July 24th, 2013 11:00

Hi Keshju,

Try connecting an external monito into the VGA or HDMI port (if available) and check if the display quality on the external one. Also check in BIOS if you experience the same issue.

-Power off the computer
-Restart the computer, tap ‘F2’ key on the Dell logo
-This will take you to the BIOS screen. Wait on the BIOS screen for some time and observe if you get the vertical lines

Additionally,run the hardware diagnostics. Power off the computer -> restart the computer, press 'F12' key on the Dell logo -> Select ‘Diagnostics’ from the boot menu -> Press Enter.

Please share the findings.

3.1K Posts

July 29th, 2013 14:00

Hi Keshju,

Please ensure that BIOS and video drivers are updated. Here is the link http://dell.to/1e6GLcd.

If you are comfortable, you may try to re-seat the LVDS Cable. Please refer to the Service Manual http://bit.ly/UEnl5i.

3 Posts

July 29th, 2013 07:00

I did try all the suggestion but the problem is still there, it is still intermitting, I did attach an external Monitor to the VGA PORT and that work fine, no issues, i also did notice when plugging the external monitor to the port, the screen of the 2320 became clear, it could be a loose connection inside.. Do you have any additional suggestion. Please note: no error reported after running the Diag.

3 Posts

August 9th, 2013 14:00

Try all of your suggestions, still the same problem, it appears i will have to send the unit in for repair.

3.1K Posts

August 9th, 2013 17:00

Hi Keshju,

Thank you for the response. If your system is under warranty, you may provide the service tag of the computer and the first and last name as it appears on the account via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation) so that I can check the further course of action.

No Events found!