Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 23rd, 2009 06:00

Dell 2709W vertical line issue

I have a 2709W monitor that's about a year old or so and just within the last couple days I get a magenta vertical 1 pixel line running from top to bottom on the left hand side of the screen when I powerup for the day.  After a few minutes it goes away.  Is this a known issue with Dell monitors?  I am connected via HDMI.

13 Posts

November 3rd, 2010 10:00

Temelie,

Hello.  I called Dell support and they wound up sending me a refurbished monitor, which unfortunately had the same issue.  I was then shipped a new monitor, different model, but same size, which worked better.  Good luck in your adventures.

7 Posts

November 3rd, 2010 06:00

Hey , regards from Romania ... I have the EXACT problem.

Did you managed to solve your issue ? I have a 2909WB with the same problem ... temporary vertical line 

Any solution for this ?

1 Message

January 19th, 2011 03:00

Hi there,

I've got the same issue - my original 2709W had the same problem and now the replacement refurbished one has started to show the same problem.

Who did you call to get the monitor model upgraded? Are you in the UK or elsewhere? I've had no response to my email.

Thanks,

Splegger

7 Posts

January 19th, 2011 04:00

Hello Splegger,

I guess this is a bug needed to be fixed. My vertical line show up in the left side of the monitor for 5 minutes after I turn it on. 

Please let me know also which should be fixed in order to get rid of this issue ( if you get a response from Dell )

Thank you.

13 Posts

January 20th, 2011 06:00

As I stated in my last reply, my first replacement monitor was same exact make/model/size as my original, but was refurbished and exhibited the vertical line issue from the moment I turned it on.  So I called Dell back and they replaced with a brand new monitor (same make/model/size) as all others, however a different revision of firmware or something internal.  Anyways that monitor is doing well.  So all I can suggest is contact Dell and stay on them until you get something that works well.

13 Posts

January 20th, 2011 06:00

As I stated in my last reply, my first replacement monitor was same exact make/model/size as my original, but was refurbished and exhibited the vertical line issue from the moment I turned it on.  So I called Dell back and they replaced with a brand new monitor (same make/model/size) as all others, however a different revision of firmware or something internal.  Anyways that monitor is doing well.  So all I can suggest is contact Dell and stay on them until you get something that works well.

No Events found!