Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 26th, 2016 09:00

Dell 3847 sound card

I have a problem with my internal sound card on a Dell 3847. I have no sound. It says the nothing there. I tried to install a new Creative sound blaster internal card. Loaded all the drivers still nothing shows up in the sound folder. I also tried loading the Dell drivers for the Dell's sound card still nothing. I have speakers that work tried and tested. Any ideas how to get either sound card to work?

2 Posts

April 27th, 2016 11:00

IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE? I guess if I pay for help Dell will respond!

9 Posts

April 28th, 2016 22:00

It does not look like there are too many people listening. Larger companies like to charge for advice, so I wish you well on finding an answer. I will give one suggestion based on you are using a Windows 10 system.

if you right click on the windows icon, you can select Device Manager. Select the Sound, video, and game controllers option. Is your card listed? If it is listed, you can right click on it and choose to update your drivers for the device. This may or may not be helpful. Best wishes for solving the problem.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 3rd, 2016 16:00

Apologies, the Forum is primarily a user to user interaction. The Inspiron Desktop 3847 ships with the onboard Realtek Audio Codec.

The audio must be enabled in the Bios for the operating system to see it.
* Restart the computer
* Press F2
* Go to Advanced
* Go to Onboard Device Configuration
* Onboard Audio Controller should be Enabled
* Press F10 to Save and Exit

But you mentioned Creative Sound Blaster. This would imply that a physical sound card was installed on the motherboard? Did you add it? What operating system are you running?

No Events found!