Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 22nd, 2015 12:00

Dell 560 Advanced pattern memory failure result

Dell 560 desktop home premium windows 7  I ran the regular support diagnostic tests at dell support

everything else passed

But I received this  Advanced pattern memory failure

which resulted in me  looking through the available help, it has

this error could be caused by adding new memory and needing to change switches or settings

if it is a 64 rather than a 32 bit

which mine is (64) I have been looking around for something in support to explain these settings and

verify this is what I need. I had 4g of memory and added an additional 4 which the PC has as the max

Also this failure is recent I have been using the 8 total with great results. Unbelievable speed up seemed like new only faster. But now it is back and the busy light is always running

I would appreciate any help

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

January 22nd, 2015 15:00

Reboot and press F2 to open BIOS setup. Does BIOS correctly recognize all 8 GB of RAM?

You can try reseating the RAM modules in their slots but it sounds like there's been a RAM failure. You may have to remove modules and rerun the tests to see if you can ID the failed module and then you'll have to replace it as a matched pair.

7 Posts

January 23rd, 2015 09:00

Thanks Ron

Was just what I needed to know.

was strange though everything seemed fine when I first checked after reading this

though it seemed one went down a tiny bit on one side and clicked on one of the original modules.

So, I was all happy, figuring that was it ran the test again and it failed. I was gonna take my new pair 

out and retest as you suggested. But, being lazy, I thought I will take that pair out again put on my magnifying

head set and reset them. I didn't find anything wrong, when I ran the test again it work and it is back fast again.

Thanks again for your help

mark

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

January 23rd, 2015 11:00

No Events found!