Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 17th, 2010 23:00

Dell 630i motherboard failure

Hi I purchased a Dell XPS 630i around October of last year and for the price I paid I feel completely cheated and plagued with many issues. My motherboard has failed for the second time today since i bought it. A representative is coming by tomorrow i suppose to verify this issue.Because this is the second time this will need to be done and I have a strong feeling know it won't be the last I do not want this have to defective line returned to me. Now that I have investigated this model more in-depth I know I am far from alone,many people suffer the same as I do with driver problems,crossfire never working right, constant crashing,  fan speed issues, and in my case motherboard failures. I am not satisfied with my product at all and want to talk to someone who can assist me in replacing my machine for a different model of whatever is deemed fair. I need a computer very badly for work and this is placing me in a bad situation and the reliability of the 630i was already giving me grief; as a matter of fact I'm writing this message on my Iphone as that was the only computer I have in the household at the time. I do not want a new motherboard I want this thing to be replaced for whatever is similar to it in your current line up of systems as this ill-supported modeled has vanished from your online store, and most of the drivers and utilities remain outdated and unsupported.

I'm sorry if my tone sounds hard or rude but I have been getting more and more disappointed with this purchase at the price i paid as time goes on. Add in the fact that the machine is faulty and this is completely unacceptable. I would really appreciated speaking to a Dell sales associate or manager to see if anything can be done or if I'l just have to wait for my motherboard to blow out again except this time without a warranty :(

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

May 18th, 2010 08:00

Daingurse

Sorry to read about your problems with the XPS 630i, but unfortunately the forum is basically user to user, not user to Dell, you will need to contact Dell's Technical Support directly, with regards to replacing your computer.

CLICK HERE to contact Dell.

Bev.

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

May 18th, 2010 12:00

And unfortunately, if you search these forums you'll find lots and lots of others having grief with the 630i.

Won't make you feel any better, but you're not alone...

Ron

No Events found!