Highlighted
IamSpecialK
1 Copper

Dell 730X Lighting

I purchased my 730x a few weeks ago second hand and it came in with a damaged case.  I switched all the internals to a new case and everything works fine except the drive bay lights.  I even went back and took the lights from the previous case the worked fine and installed them in the new one.  Any ideas?  Im running windows 7 64 bit and have the alien fx lighting program that changes colors.  However, the drive bay lights will not come on.

Kenny

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Dell 730X Lighting

Hi IamSpecialK,

Welcome to the community,

The XPS 730x chassis LEDs are controlled by Master Control Board (MCB) which is connected to the motherboard of the system. I would like to know if the other LEDs on the chassis are lit? If yes, then it can be a cable connectivity issue. Here is the diagram which can explain the XPS 730x MCB connection in a better manner:

Internal LED header (INTERNAL_LED)

Factory defaults jumper (FACTORY_DEFAULT)

Power header (POWER)

Internal USB headers (USB_FLEXBAY 1-2)

Front top LED header (FRONT_TOP_LED)

System AC power LED indicator

Front bottom right LED IO header (BOT_RT_LED)

USB input header (USB_MB)

PCI cage fan header (FAN_CAGE)

System board front panel IO header (MB_IO_HDR)

Power button board header (CON_PWR_BTN)

H2C liquid cooling header (H2C)

Rear PCI LED header (REAR_PCI_LED)

Rear IO LED connector (CONN_REAR)

Hard drive fan (FAN_HDD)

Front CPU fan header (FAN_CPU_FRONT)

Please refer to the above table to understand the various connections in the Master Control Board. Check the third cable (Front top LED header) for loose connectivity. If it is already connected, try to reseat it. Hope this resolves your issue.

Please post back if you need any help.

Jorawar Singh

Certified Dell Community Professional

0 Kudos