Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 13th, 2012 12:00

Dell 755 No display, turns on as soon as plugged in, will turn back on right after powered off

I have a Dell 755 tower (largest model) that was working great until yesterday.  Yesterday when booted it displayed a long line of text that looked like it pertained to the video card, or possibly memory.  I tried to power it down by holding down the power button, and it immediatly rebooted after powering down.  Now it has no display with the monitor plugged into either of the dual monitor DVI plugs or the integrated VGA plug.  I can only turn it off by holding down the power button and pulling the plug before it reboots again.  Does anyone have any experience with similar problems?  Where should I start, power switch, video card, mother board, BIOS?

Thanks for reading.

June 13th, 2012 13:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community.

First of all you need to unplug all external peripherals, release any flee power and then reseat the video card and memory modules.

No restart the system and test. This should resolve the issue but if you still get an error message please write it down and send it

across. If there is no power at all you can also call the dell technical support at 1800-624-9896.

Thanks,

Vishal

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

No Events found!