Highlighted
2 Bronze

Dell 8700 USB 3.0 ports show "high speed"

Hello to the forum. This topic has been discussed  in the past, but having read them all, I have not found a solution. All six of my USB 3.0 ports operate at "high speed" instead of "superspeed". My machine is Dell 8700-3312/ i7 4790/ Win 7 Pro 64b/ Board OKWVT8 AO3/ Intel PCH Z87 Chipset/ BIOS Version AO9. Per some of the "solutions" that I have read on this topic, I downloaded and installed latest Intel usb driver which is; Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Control 5.0.3.42 which did not correct the issue.  In transferring data to and from various USB devices, my read/write speeds have averaged 50 MBps. Various USB3.0 flash drives averaged 40MBps. Three WD My Passports, all USB 3.0 devices, have gotten as high as 75-80 MBps. These speeds agree with the Device Manager information on the ports, and they all seem to be working at USB2.0 speeds. It makes me wonder if there is not an OS issue. On the aside, I have an HP Pavilion laptop with Win 7 home 64 with two USB3.0 which are also operating at "high speed". Could Win 7 (possibly with Microsoft's diddling updates) be a common denominator here. Hope someone has some insight on this issue.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
2 Bronze

RE: Dell 8700 USB 3.0 ports show "high speed"

Sure would love to get to the bottom of this problem. Anyone had this issue?

0 Kudos