Highlighted
bselff
Phosphor

Dell 8900 XPS - Installing a SSD drive

Good Morning,

I have been reading about installing a 1tb SSD drive in my unit and keeping the 2tb as drive D/E. I would clone my existing drive to the SSD using EaseUS, remove all the data which would remain on the original drive. Has anyone been through this scenario and could you send me the correct procedure.

Thanks,

Bob

I do not want to re-invent the wheel. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Dell 8900 XPS - Installing a SSD drive

Hi,

Dell has not tested the system with cloned SSD from HDD.

If you are sucessful in cloning the SSD. Please connect it to the system without the original hard drive shipped with Dell to check if the system boots up with the cloned SSD.

If the cloned SSD is booting up on the system. Please connect the Dell HDD to SATA 2 port on the system board and format it.

0 Kudos
bselff
Phosphor

But to your knowledge is there an issue with running an SSD as primary HD and the 2TB drive as the secondary. I am trying to increase the speed of the system, the only issue appears to be the HD (5.9) when running the speed assessment, everything else is 8+.

Thanks,

Bob

0 Kudos

Hi BSelff,

As informed Dell has not tested this option. Installing of the SSD on the system would boost up the speed. You can connect multiple hard drives on the system and that us reason we have provided more SATA connectors on the system board.

0 Kudos