ben3paris
1 Copper

Dell 8900 stopped working

Hello and thank you very much --

Yesterday the cursor disappeared so I turned the pc off manually.  When I turned it back on after a few seconds all was OK.  Cursor disappeared again, so I tried the same thing, but the computer now won't turn back on at all.

The start button lights up amber then immediately goes out.  No sounds.  I have unplugged and plugged back in all the cords from wall, router, modem.  The lights on modem and router are all normal,  The laptop I am using as I type right now is hooked up to the exact same system, I'm not using the laptop wirelessly.  I have also unplugged the power and held down the start button for 10 seconds as was suggested on Dell's website.  But pc still won't respond.  If I unplug and replug  the whole thing from the wall or plug and replug the AC adapter, I see the Dell logo for a moment on the screen and then the message it is going to power saving mode, then black.

The pc that won't turn on is a Dell 8900 which I bought 6 months ago and has worked perfectly up to now.  I use Windows10. 

What should I do next?    

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
7 Plutonium

RE: Dell 8900 stopped working

Contact Dell Tech Support for warranty support.

Might be power supply or video card.  If you use a surge protector or power strip, remove those and try connecting PC directly to the wall outlet.

And always mention version of Windows in your posts

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos