Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 29th, 2016 15:00

Dell AC411 Speakers

I know there have been many questions regarding these speakers, but I was wondering if anyone tried using them with a Dell Inspiron 3455?  I am able to pair the speakers and connect them, however there is no sound coming from them.  I also tried plugging in my Iphone 6, and paring that with the speakers, still no sound.

This is the second set of speakers, after spending 2 hours on the phone with Dell Tech support, they determined the first pair was defective.

I wonder if these speakers work with any computer!!

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 30th, 2016 09:00

Please review the Quick Start Guide.

Per the User's Guide page 12, the AC411 are only supported in Windows 7/8. So we cannot speak to the apple product. Open the User's Guide to page 5 and make sure your setup is the same and read page 6 on pairing. Be sure to turn the volume knob all the way up.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 30th, 2016 11:00

They work on my brother's new XPS-8900 (pre-loaded with Windows-10). They were shipped with it. You can purchase them on current XPS-8900 sales page.

I assume you have PDF Quick-Start and Owners Manuals? They are not very good, and don't really explain the various usage scenarios ... but it's something.

IIRC, setup was a little strange, but they sound good.

With the analog connections, you would assume they are just analog speakers with an AC-Adapter and a wired remote control.

Not sure if Bluetooth is required or optional (XPS-8900 has Bluetooth and we used it). Didn't have much time to play with them.

My GUESS is ...

1. that they can work as a non-intelligent analog 2.1 speakers on a Desktop. Optionally (but additionally) using the Bluetooth might provide additional features like a Master-Volume Control from Windows.

2. For a portable device (tablet or phone) they can be connected only over Bluetooth and work that way.

2 Posts

August 19th, 2017 14:00

trying to make a set for AC411 work with my Precision T7600

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 20th, 2017 14:00

trying to make a set for AC411 work with my Precision T7600

So, what happens? Try using them as basic analog speakers to the analog stereo jack on the back of the PC (likely a green 1/8" jack).
What happens if you connect a headset (without mic) to that same jack?

What happens if you connect AC411 speakers to a MP3 player?

No Events found!