Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 31st, 2010 13:00

Dell ATI HD3450 BIOS

Hi all,

I have had the unfortunate problem of my "Tech Savvy" nephew try to update the BIOS on the video card that came with my machine and he seems to have messed up.  The card still functions enuff to load the default graphics driver, but that's it.  Is there any way to obtain the original BIOS for my card?  He unfortunately did not save the original BIOS before messing things up.  Why he did this, I don't know.  My machine is out of warranty anyway, so technically, no harm, no foul......it's just the fact that he could have really messed things up and caused me to have to purchase another video card that I dont have the money for.  Anyway, any help is much appreciated and if you need any additional info, just let me know.  You may have to explain to me how to obtain that info, as I'm not too technical myself.  Thank you in advance.

Dorothy

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 31st, 2010 15:00

I don't see any BIOS updates listed on the ATI web site for this card.  The only thing is drivers.  Suggest you download the ATI Catylist Control Center with drivers for your specific Operating System and install that.  If you are lucky it will fix the problem.  HERE is the ATI site, you failed to note your OS so I can't link you directly to the download.

14.4K Posts

December 31st, 2010 18:00

He probably did this to try and over clock the card.  Sorry but unless you can find it on web which is highly doubtful you will need a new card. Most video card bios come from the manufacturer and are not normally made available to the general public.  Since this is a "Dell " branded card you are really out of luck.

Actually if this was my nephew I would be making Him buy you a new card.

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

January 1st, 2011 16:00

I'd suggest finding a new card on sale, because as Dave said, fixing the old one may be too much trouble.

Sometimes you can find budget 5450 cards on sale with healthy mail-in rebates; I got an MSI for $16 or $17 from MWave (after the $30 mail-in rebate check was received).

No Events found!