Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 11th, 2009 07:00

Dell Dimension 3000 low color setting

When the screen first appears it looks good but then it will go blank for a few seconds then

when the information comes back on the screen it is not clear. I have to reset the color

from 8 bit to 16 every time I turn it on. It doesn't matter how many adjustments I have made

nothing is permanent after I shut the pc off and start it back up again.

Thanks for any input.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 11th, 2009 08:00

What happened before the video problem?  Did you do a reinstall? and if you did a reinstall did you install the chipset drivers and the video drivers?  If not, that is probably the problem. 

4 Posts

March 11th, 2009 11:00

i actually had to send it back to Dell to fix the sound on the dvd player.

you are probably right because it worked fine before i sent it to them. how would i go about

doing the reinstall on the chipset drivers and video drivers?

thanks  PJL

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 12th, 2009 04:00

HERE is the Dell downloads for your PC.  Download the chipset driver and the correct Video driver (there are 3 listed).  Install the chipset drivers, according to the Dell included instructions, then the Video driver. 

4 Posts

March 13th, 2009 06:00

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check it out.

4 Posts

March 15th, 2009 18:00

i'm unable to install the chipset driver. The install shield (ikernel.exe) can not find file specified. I tried following the download instructions but some of the pop up windowers are not the same. i do get as far as the install now button but can go no further. any suggestions would be appreciated.

I noticed when i checked compatability from the desk top icon my computer was not listed but before you start the download process it is listed. Any ideas?

No Events found!