PJL7001
2 Bronze

Dell Dimension 3000 low color setting

When the screen first appears it looks good but then it will go blank for a few seconds then

when the information comes back on the screen it is not clear. I have to reset the color

from 8 bit to 16 every time I turn it on. It doesn't matter how many adjustments I have made

nothing is permanent after I shut the pc off and start it back up again.

Thanks for any input.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
fireberd
8 Krypton

Re: Dell Dimension 3000 low color setting

What happened before the video problem?  Did you do a reinstall? and if you did a reinstall did you install the chipset drivers and the video drivers?  If not, that is probably the problem. 

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with Gigabyte Designare Z390,  i7 8700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.6 Pro Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719DGF Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
PJL7001
2 Bronze

i actually had to send it back to Dell to fix the sound on the dvd player.

you are probably right because it worked fine before i sent it to them. how would i go about

doing the reinstall on the chipset drivers and video drivers?

thanks  PJL

0 Kudos
fireberd
8 Krypton

HERE is the Dell downloads for your PC.  Download the chipset driver and the correct Video driver (there are 3 listed).  Install the chipset drivers, according to the Dell included instructions, then the Video driver. 

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with Gigabyte Designare Z390,  i7 8700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.6 Pro Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719DGF Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
PJL7001
2 Bronze

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check it out.

0 Kudos
PJL7001
2 Bronze

i'm unable to install the chipset driver. The install shield (ikernel.exe) can not find file specified. I tried following the download instructions but some of the pop up windowers are not the same. i do get as far as the install now button but can go no further. any suggestions would be appreciated.

I noticed when i checked compatability from the desk top icon my computer was not listed but before you start the download process it is listed. Any ideas?

0 Kudos