Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 26th, 2014 07:00

Dell Dimension 3000

Would the Dell Dimension 3000 case support any Micro-ATX motherboard that I install (Obviously with a cpu like the i5 3rd gen Ivy-Bridge)? If so, I am planning to also install a graphics card like the Asus GTX 760, would that fit into the case too?

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

May 26th, 2014 16:00

An issue to consider is whether you'll be able to connect the motherboard to the front panel of the D3000 case.

Dell frequently uses a custom connector between front panel and motherboard, but doesn't provide wiring info. So you may need to be able to map the connector yourself.

And search these forums to see if anyone else has provided wiring info on the D3000 front panel. :emotion-55:

14 Posts

May 27th, 2014 19:00

Thanks for this response, I might end up just using the USB's from the I/O on the back of thnew motherboard once I buy it and not use those, but other than that my proposition will work?

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

May 28th, 2014 11:00

Don't know if it will work or not. Search these forums to see if anyone else has successfully installed a non-Dell mobo in this case.

And it's more than just the USB ports. The power button etc may all be wired through the same mobo connector.

It might be easier if you just buy a new case to go with the new mobo and move whatever parts you want to use from the D3000 over to the new case and mobo.

No Events found!