Highlighted
Michail Kirkov
1 Copper

Re: Dell Dimension 8250 bios recovery

Jump to solution

Just a pair of lines added for the fellow readers and hardware enthusiasts. I found on ebay the bios, for US $8.45 plus $5.48, the chips for exactly the same Dell Dimension 8250 (same as I've corrupted), here (Nov.2010 link):

http://compare.ebay.com/like/380193007094?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Now that arises of course other questions:

Is the chip (or are the 3- three! chips) soldered? And if not, what for tools like extractors, aligners etc. should I use for to install/mount it/them on the motherboard?

So this is definitely not a solution for me (except if you tell me it could be mounted simply bare hands, adding some words on the how to) but maybe for you...

Good luck all!

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Re: Dell Dimension 8250 bios recovery

Jump to solution

Motherboards are "multi-layer" printed circuit boards.  The components are soldered on the motheboard.  Unless you have the special tools to work on soldered in components and possibily take into consideration the multi layer boards you will wind up with a mess.  

But considering the price you are not losing much by trying.  If you mess up the board or the chips installing them it's no loss as the board is bad anyway.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos