Ayoitspat
Copper

Dell Dimension E510 No sound/Constant Buzzing

Hi, I recently tried to use my Dell Dimension e510 and there is no sound but instead a constant buzzing sound whenever i plug in headphones or speakers.

I've tried everything I could think of, from reinstalling drivers to restoring my whole computer but there is still a constant buzzing sound.

If anybody can help me fix this problem that would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
fireberd
Diamond

Re: Dell Dimension E510 No sound/Constant Buzzing

What do you have connected to the PC?  e.g. is there something connected to the line in?  Buzzing can be a "ground loop" hum caused by some other AC powered device connected to the PC.  

I have an E510, and are you using the standard SigmaTel sound or do you have a separate sound card plugged in that you are using.  If you have a separate sound card, reseat the card and see if that helps (reseat - with the PC powered off, remove the card then reinstall).

I don't recall seeing anyone post with this problem, so its not something common to this model.  We have had a lot of power supply problems with this model, but if the power supply fails it usually just presents a blinking amber power light.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 3 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell SE2717HR 27" Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos

Hi  Ayoitspat ,

Welcome to the Community.

This issus could be with the Sound Card as well as the speakers. Thus please try a different set of speakers on the computer. Also please check the sound on the front Mic port.

Please revert back with your observations. Glad to help you.

Pankaj_Sharma

Social Outreach Professional

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com/

Pankaj_Sharma

Social Outreach Professional

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com/

Hi Ayoitspat,

Try connecting the headphones in the front green Line out ports. check for buzzing noise.

Try running Dell Diagnostics -> Custom Test -> Audio -> Analog Audio Playback test - check for the same noise, if the noise is present then it might be a hardware problem.

Check if the ports are cracked / broken, - damage

Try wiggling the speaker green connector and listen for crackling noise, try the headphones or speakers on a mobile phone / i-pod check for noise.

Reduce the Wave volume to 3/4th the max and decrease the Mic volume and disable Mic boost option Volume control properties. Reduce the volume on the speaker to 75% - too much volume would also create noise.

Keep away mobiles, Power sources, CRT monitors, UPS from the speakers / computer that create interference.

Try the steps mentioned above and revert.

Mark my answer as resolved if your issue is resolved

Best Regards,

VeejDeej

Endorse me: http://goo.gl/C3567
Dell user