stretchyv8
1 Copper

Dell Dimension E521 Restore issue

Jump to solution

Hi - wondering if anyone can help.

I have just restored my PC which is running XP using the symantec restore which went great. However when I plugged my USB Verbatim hard drive in to restore my files and settings and point ot the correct file it tells me "The location you specified does not contain stored information. Please type a valid folder path in the edit box?? If you entered a path to a folder on a removable disc, the disk must be in the drive"

I thought I was doing the right thing by using an external HDD and it has created a file  USMt2.USC and it has 1.4GB showing but the system does not recognise it. it is showing as a .DAT file.

Have I done something wrong or am I just being stupid??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fireberd
6 Indium

Re: Dell Dimension E521 Restore issue

Jump to solution

This is really a software issue and not hardware (this forum section).  Best to repost on the software section   HERE

I can't find anything for a "usc" file type.  When you repost, note what program you used to create that file.   

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

1 Reply
fireberd
6 Indium

Re: Dell Dimension E521 Restore issue

Jump to solution

This is really a software issue and not hardware (this forum section).  Best to repost on the software section   HERE

I can't find anything for a "usc" file type.  When you repost, note what program you used to create that file.   

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.