Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 24th, 2012 15:00

Dell Dimensions B110 will not turn on.

I have a Dell Dimensions B110 and my issue is it will not turn on. this first happend when i accidently switched a "Value RAM" from the one that came with the computer. I have tried switching it back but it did nothing. i hesar the 1-3-2 beep sequence so i know it is a memory problem; the diagnostic lights are green-yellow-yellow-yellow. the power button remains green and there is no flashing. any help willl be greatly appreciated. i have been trying to fix this for several days.

thank you,

Joey009

5 Posts

July 24th, 2012 16:00

I have tried this and switched the RAM in both slots and the same with both RAM. The same results as before.

July 24th, 2012 16:00

Hi JOEY009,

Welcome to the Dell Community.

I understand your concern. I would request you to try these steps pertaining to this issue.

The diagnostic lights indicate that the memory is not detected.

Please follow these steps.

• Disconnect all the cable connections including the power cord and devices connected to the computer.
  • Once you have removed the computer cover, locate the CMOS battery (aka Coin cell Battery)  and remove it.You can refer to the Dell manuals for descriptive view of  installing and re-installing parts. http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim1100/en/SM/index.htm
  •  In the Dell Manuals, follow the Removing and installing parts for Battery.
  • Once you have removed the battery, remove the all memory modules (if more than 1).  Reconnect the Battery and then the memory module .
  • If the system has more than 1 memory modules installed, you could also try 1 memory module  at one of the 2 slots at a time and then try to turn on the computer
Please try these steps and let me know of the outcome

5 Posts

July 24th, 2012 17:00

Also should I Replace the battery?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

July 24th, 2012 19:00

I have tried this and switched the RAM in both slots and the same with both RAM. The same results as before.

joey009

Sounds like the motherboard has issues and should be replaced.

Bev.

5 Posts

July 25th, 2012 09:00

alao should i just bring it to a computer repair place

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

I know this is probably not the problem but could it be that one of the DIMM slots has a broken retition clip also is it possible to reset the ram

joey009

How was the retention clip broken?

This alone could make the slot unuseable, as the module is not help securely in the DIMM
I don't understand 'is it possible to reset the ram', all I know is to reset the RAM, is to remove, followed by reinstall the memory modules and possibly cleaning the gold contacts, with approved contact cleaner.

Bev.

5 Posts

I know this is probably not the problem but could it be that one of the DIMM slots has a broken retition clip also is it possible to reset the ram

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

July 25th, 2012 10:00

alao should i just bring it to a computer repair place

joey009

Yes, you could take the Dimension B110 to a local computer repair shop and have the system checkout.

Bev.

No Events found!