Highlighted
jp123
2 Bronze

Dell E520 Boot problems

Ok, when I type F12 , I get Boot Device Menu.*it says: WD WD3200AAKS-00SBA...* Onboard or USB CD-ROM Drive...* system setup..*hard drive diagnostics..Boot to Utility Partition........I hit F12 and got Dell System DM061 Blue Screen....it has : system , system info, processor info, memory info, pci info, date/time, boot sequence.......+drives..+onboard devices..+ video...+ performance..+ security..+ power management..+ maintenance..+Post behavior......I had to take 1 of memory cards out to get it to boot to the screens that I'm on...Also, on the front panel, the 1, 2 and 3 lights are solid green. Thanks for any help!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
jp123
2 Bronze

RE: Dell E520 Boot problems

I'm running XP on the dell E520...
0 Kudos
jp123
2 Bronze

I'm using windows vista on the E520
0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Your hard drive is bad and must be replaced.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
jp123
2 Bronze

would there be any way I could get the files off from the hard drive?
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

would there be any way I could get the files off from the hard drive?

jp123

One of the easiest procedures for transferring the files and folders, is to remove the hard drive from the 'old' computer and using an USB adaptor similar to THIS then attach the hard drive to an USB port on a working computer, then try transfering the files and folders to it.

Note: Only data files and folders can be transfered, any applications, utlities and programs, need to be reinstalled from their CD's, or downloaded from the publisher's website.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

0 Kudos