Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 25th, 2014 14:00

Dell Factory Image Restore Studio XPS 435MT How? Where?

Studio XPS 435MT running Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Please help. When my system goes to sleep it does not return as it normally should. I have to turn off the power button and then back on. When I do this I get a "Beep. Beep. Beep Beep." sound. I have to turn the system back off and on again and then it will start...only slowly. 

I've tried system restore which did not work. 

I went to reset the system to factory settings but the option is not available after pressing F8 and reviewing System Recovery Options. There is no option for "Dell Factory Image Restore" and there is no option for "Dell DataSafe Restore". 

I have a disk "Drivers and Utilities Already Installed on Your Computer...For Reinstalling Dell Studio XPS 435MT Computer Software" but I'm unsure how to utilize it. 

My previous systems always had an easy way for me to reset to factory settings unfortunately I'm having trouble finding out how to do it with the system. Can someone help me please? 

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

February 25th, 2014 14:00

You might try updating the BIOS to the latest version, if you haven't already. As for factory OS settings, was this model shipped with Windows 7?

Another suggestion is to install the latest chipset drivers from Intel's site, and the latest video drivers from the vendor's site.

February 25th, 2014 15:00

Yes it was shipped with Windows 7. 

February 25th, 2014 15:00

There is no option for Dell Factory Image Restore, no option for Dell Factory Tools and no option for Dell DataSafe Restore as described below.

http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/KCS/KcsArticles/ArticleView?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&docid=DSN_62A668E1C3A0857AE040AE0AB8E12942

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

February 25th, 2014 16:00

AFAIK the Image Restore will wipe out your data, while a regular Windows 7 reinstall (without reformatting) won't.

If you have the reinstall disk, you can simply reinstall. If you don't, you can download a retail Windows 7 install image and activate it with your product key.

No Events found!