Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 6th, 2013 05:00

Dell Factory Image Restore performed-Windows 7 will not boot up

I have an Insprion 560 desktop purchased in Jan-2012 that has a Windows 7 OS.  It recently became infected with a malicious virus.   Attempts to remove virus were unsuccessful.   Instructed to do a factory image restore (data files backed up on CD).  The clearing of the hard drive and image restore process seemed to go well.  Restarted PC per prompt at end.  Screen requesting either a windows repair or start windows normally option be chosen appeared.   I slected start windows normally.   Got error message indicating that windows cannot start.  Thought that the restore was possibly not successful and performed restore operation a 2nd time and got same results.   

Any Suggestions? 

2.2K Posts

March 6th, 2013 06:00

Hi,

You can request it by clicking the link mentioned below:

http://dell.to/iVtWE

NOTE: The link is for US only.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

2.2K Posts

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Please let me know the country you are in and the country you bought the system from so that I can help you in a better way.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

2.2K Posts

Hi,

If the factory image restore is not working properly, I would suggest you to perform re-installation using the Windows DVD sent with the system. Please refer to the link mentioned below to perform the re-installation:

http://dell.to/Wj9o0m

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

9 Posts

I apparently did not get a Windows 7 cd from Dell.  I had all my other cds and could not find a Windows 7 cd.  Gave Dell a call.  They told me they no longer supply Windows OS cds with desktops.

9 Posts

March 6th, 2013 06:00

I am in the USA and purchased it directly from Dell.com.  Dell shipped it out to me in Jan-2012.

3.7K Posts

March 6th, 2013 07:00

I have an Insprion 560 desktop purchased in Jan-2012 that has a Windows 7 OS.  It recently became infected with a malicious virus.   Attempts to remove virus were unsuccessful.   Instructed to do a factory image restore (data files backed up on CD).  The clearing of the hard drive and image restore process seemed to go well.  Restarted PC per prompt at end.  Screen requesting either a windows repair or start windows normally option be chosen appeared.   I slected start windows normally.   Got error message indicating that windows cannot start.  Thought that the restore was possibly not successful and performed restore operation a 2nd time and got same results.   

Any Suggestions? 

Have you seen this dell support journal on doing a factory install HERE.

9 Posts

March 6th, 2013 07:00

I followed the Dell documentation to do the Factory Image Restore process.  Performed the process exactly as instructed and all appeared well.  Once it was complete, I was instructed to restart the PC.   I did so and expected it to boot up in Windows 7 as when I first bought it.   It however did not.  

No Events found!