Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 27th, 2016 09:00

Dell Inspirion 580S Can I attach Mouse and Keyboard that do not have USB Connectors

I have a Dell Inspirion 580s. It has key board and mouse usb connectors. I have two old ( never used) keyboards and mouse units ( non usb _ I am non tech and don't know the what the former type connectors are called. Can I connect these older versions to my PC (i.e. are there connectors/adaptors that can attach the former type to a  USB connector. Is there some type of electrical connection requirement that precludes this ?

Thanks

2.3K Posts

July 27th, 2016 10:00

Hello!  Google USB to PS2 Adapter and you should find what you are looking for. 

15 Posts

July 27th, 2016 16:00

BeamerMT79

Thank you so much. I did the Search as you suggested and saw pictures of the Adapter.  I then realized that among a number of items in a box of wire, connectors etc, I had seen something similar to the connector pictures.  I do have one, exactly like the pictures I saw on Amazon, as well a another adapter that looks similar ( I think these items were in a box that purchased a while back at a garage sale.) I think that I will now be able to use my accessories.

Thanks so much for the response ( and so quickly).

No Events found!