Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 26th, 2016 21:00

Dell Inspiron 3847 Cycles Boot

Hello all! 

New to the Dell Forums, I've always wanted to sign on and learn more about my devices through community discussion, but I never have. Now I have a more emergent reason to.

My Dell Inspiron 3847 Tower refuses to turn on. I was playing league of legends on my desktop. I received a blue crash screen and my computer turned off. I then proceeded to turn it back on, however the power light would go orange, then white, fans would turn on, then stop. Computer would completely shut off two seconds after turning it on and it cycles. I'll turn it on, it'll go orange, white, then off. It would cycle for hours if I let it.

My first instinct is a fried power supply, however I don't see how my power supply would go kaput in the middle of a gaming session. 

I don't want to spend the $50 on purchasing the power supply if that's not the case. Anyone help me out as to what the issue is?

Thanks!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 27th, 2016 06:00

The power supply would indeed be the first suspect, but before going further, unplug the system and hold the power button for 30 sec.  See if you can get it to start up -- if it won't, replace the power supply first.  If that doesn't solve the problem, then replace the mainboard.

If you are not willing to start swapping parts, most PC shops will do a basic diagnosis for a relatively low cost and provide a repair estimate that credits the diagnostic fee toward the ultimate cost of the repair.

November 27th, 2016 07:00

I did indeed attempt to unplug and dissipate the electricity in my device immediately when it happened. I noticed the button on the back to run the fans were still operational and worked. However it continued to cycle. I don't mind swapping parts, I just wanted a few more opinions on my own personal diagnostic before I proceed with buying them.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

November 27th, 2016 12:00

KINGEFRAINIV

See if the following can help:

How to Use and Troubleshoot the Inspiron 3847

www.dell.com/.../EN

Bev.

No Events found!