cmckayboi
2 Bronze

Dell Inspiron 530 stops at BIOS Screen

Jump to solution

I have had 3 instances of the past 2 months when I turned my PC on and it did not load the BIOS screen. Could not press F5 or F12 to load those screens. I opened up my PC and checked my connections which did not initially seem to help but then it started working. Not sure that I really did anything to get it going again. It happened to me yesterday. I took the cover off, unplugged and plugged in connections with no response. Removed both memory modules and re-seated them with no response. Went to the library to  research this forum for support options. When I came back home, I turned on PC to check color of light at power button to begin t/s and the computer powered on. Rebooted to BIOS screen and pressed F12 to run hardware diagnostic. It displayed some error codes that it said would aid a Dell technician. Can you tell me what these codes mean? I suspect my motherboard may be failing.

Error Code 1100:012A     1100:022A   1100:032A   1100:042A

Thanks,

Chuck

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shesagordie
9 Rhodium

Re: Dell Inspiron 530 stops at BIOS Screen

Jump to solution

cmckayboicmckayboi

I have had 3 instances of the past 2 months when I turned my PC on and it did not load the BIOS screen. Could not press F5 or F12 to load those screens. I opened up my PC and checked my connections which did not initially seem to help but then it started working. Not sure that I really did anything to get it going again. It happened to me yesterday. I took the cover off, unplugged and plugged in connections with no response. Removed both memory modules and re-seated them with no response. Went to the library to  research this forum for support options. When I came back home, I turned on PC to check color of light at power button to begin t/s and the computer powered on. Rebooted to BIOS screen and pressed F12 to run hardware diagnostic. It displayed some error codes that it said would aid a Dell technician. Can you tell me what these codes mean? I suspect my motherboard may be failing.

Thanks,

Chuck

cmckayboi

Error Codes > 1100:042A  1100:032A  1100:022A  are all standard floppy drive read/write failure errors.

Error Code > 1100:012A   Msg: The Drive did not respond in a fixed time to an access attempt.

Bev.       

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

View solution in original post

4 Replies
fireberd
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

We are just users helping users on here, this is not a Dell Tech support forum.

I don't have an exact device error for that, but doing a google search for Error Code 1100:012A suggests either a hard drive or CD/DVD drive error.  I would more suspect the hard drive.  

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with Gigabyte Designare Z390,  i7 8700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.6 Pro Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719DGF Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
shesagordie
9 Rhodium

Jump to solution

cmckayboicmckayboi

Thanks,

Chuck

cmckayboi

Error Codes > 1100:042A  1100:032A  1100:022A  are all standard floppy drive read/write failure errors.

Error Code > 1100:012A   Msg: The Drive did not respond in a fixed time to an access attempt.

Bev.       

Forum Member since 2001

View solution in original post

cmckayboi
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thanks for the assistance. I was thinking that it might be the hard drive as well. I guess I'll have to be viligant about backing up every night before I shutdown just in case it doesn't come back up the next day.

0 Kudos
shesagordie
9 Rhodium

Jump to solution

cmckayboi

Good luck.

Backing up your files and folders to other media daily, is an excellent precaution

Bev

Forum Member since 2001

0 Kudos