Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 11th, 2011 04:00

Dell Inspiron 537 power problem

New to forum, and TIa for your help. I have a Dell Inspiron 537 that I normally leave on, but do shut down every couple of  weeks. Last night I shut down normally, but  when I tried to turn it on today, there was no power. I checked the back and the green light is solid green. I unpluged the power cord, then replugged, but no change. I oped up the CPU and unhokked the power supply, then rehooked it back up and replugged it back in. The fans are not working, nor is there any light on the motherboard during these attempts. I even tried to hold in the power button for 15-20 sec after unplugginh the power cord, but still no success. What else can i do, or is the Power unit gone bad after shutting it down normally?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 11th, 2011 05:00

Hi sjaros,

Sure sounds like a bad power supply. They are not very expensive and relatively easy to replace. Here is the replacement procedure. <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Dell sells a replacement here. 

Let me know if you need more help.

2 Posts

December 11th, 2011 11:00

I have ordered a new PSU and will see if that is the solution. Will let you know how it goes. Thank you

No Events found!