Highlighted
horst_adler
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 570 Board 4GJJT - want to connect a m.2 nvme SSD card

Jump to solution

which adpater I need to connect a m.2 nvme SSD card via PCI Express on this board?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

RE: Dell Inspiron 570 Board 4GJJT - want to connect a m.2 nvme SSD card

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, I am not sure if this will work since this is an older system... but the adapter you would want is something like this (I am not endorsing this card etc. but it should be a good example) The reason I say this might not work is because it wasn't tested on your board, and you might already be using the only available PCIe slot on the GPU (the 16x one), the rest are 1x, 1x, and original PCI. Which means there would not be a slot for this adapter. The other issue you might run into is that since the board is older, it might not work correctly with newer OS's (Windows 10 etc), and would limit the cards performance (if it even worked). 

In short, you might be much better off just upgrading to a normal SATA SSD.

Best regards,

Brad

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, I am not sure if this will work since this is an older system... but the adapter you would want is something like this (I am not endorsing this card etc. but it should be a good example) The reason I say this might not work is because it wasn't tested on your board, and you might already be using the only available PCIe slot on the GPU (the 16x one), the rest are 1x, 1x, and original PCI. Which means there would not be a slot for this adapter. The other issue you might run into is that since the board is older, it might not work correctly with newer OS's (Windows 10 etc), and would limit the cards performance (if it even worked). 

In short, you might be much better off just upgrading to a normal SATA SSD.

Best regards,

Brad

0 Kudos
horst_adler
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks for help. Unfortunately I have already such a m.2 card and just PCIE x1 and x16 on the board. Adapters for PCIE x4 I found already but nothing with  PCIE x1.

Bye Thomas

0 Kudos
speedstep
6 Thallium

Jump to solution

You can have PCI-E ssd booting with a Velocity Solo X1

You cant use X2 or X4 cards because there are no slots for that.

https://www.amazon.com/Apricorn-Velocity-Performance-Upgrade-VEL-SOLO-X1/dp/B0090IA3AU

• Upgrade your system to the latest SATA III interface (6Gbs) and add a high speed SSD to boost the performance to the max.
  • Takes just minutes to install, Simply connect your Solid State Drive to the Velocity Solo and slide the card into an available PCIe x1 slot (or larger) in your desktop.
  • Ideal for High Performance Applications and Improving Gaming Performance
  • Boot in an instant, open applications in a flash, slash save and import times
  • Velocity Solo fits all PCIe 2.0 slots
  • Apricorn’s EZ Gig Cloning Software with Data Select makes it easy move your OS and programs to the SSD
  • EZ Gig enables you to clone your hard drive in just three simple steps.
  • Data Transfer Rate to 400 MB/ sec

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro