Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 26th, 2013 15:00

Dell Inspiron 570 Cpu Upgrade question!!!!!!

Hey guys i decided to upgrade my cpu for my dell inspiron 570 and i was wondering if this CPU works (AMD Phenom II B93 2.8GHz Quad Core x4 AM3 Desktop Computer CPU Processor). i just upgrade my bios to A05 if that helps. I brought a new aftermarket stock cooler too.

August 26th, 2013 16:00

Hi jimmyfu96,

Yes your Inspiron 570 will support AMD Phenom II B93 2.8GHz Quad Core x4 AM3 processor. It has the same socket type that would allow you to fit it on the motherboard plus the Inspiron 570 desktop does support Phenom II x4 Processors. However this processor draws 95Watts from the power supply. Make sure you have sufficient power available or you may need to upgrade your power supply unit.

Note : Upgrading the processor does not void your computer's warranty. However, if any hardware fails inside the computer due to the processor upgrade, then the part replacement will not be covered under the warranty. Also make sure you update the BIOS to the latest version before upgrading any hardware on the computer.

Hope this helps.

August 26th, 2013 17:00

Hi jimmyfu96,

Yes you should be good to go with the processor upgrade then with the 300W power supply, considering your graphic card is not a high end one.

7 Posts

August 26th, 2013 17:00

I have the standard 300Watts power supply that came with the system and i added a low profile graphics card. Is my current power supply good enough for the processor upgrade? 

7 Posts

August 26th, 2013 18:00

Do i need to upgrade the bios to the latest? 

August 26th, 2013 18:00

Hi jimmyfu96,

Yes you are absolutely right!

It is always recommended to update the BIOS to the latest version before making any changes in the hardware of the computer. You may download the BIOS for your Inspiron 570 desktop by clicking here .

7 Posts

August 26th, 2013 23:00

would you recommend to buy a new PSU? If so what watts should i consider? 

August 27th, 2013 10:00

Hi jimmyfu96,

It depends on you. If you are thinking about upgrading your PSU and you can accumulate this in your budget, then I would recommend that you can go ahead and upgrade it. Ideally, go for a 500W PSU as it would sufficiently provide you power for a mid to high level graphic card and to rest of your components too that are inside the desktop.

Its always good to keep a PSU with more wattage as it gives you the option to upgrade / add to your computer's components in the future. Moreover, if you plan to build your custom desktop computer anywhere down the line, or need a PSU for another desktop, you can use the same 500W PSU for that too. 

So if it fits your budget, then yes, why not go in for a PSU upgrade as well. 

7 Posts

August 29th, 2013 13:00

so i tired to install the cooler master hyper tx3 on my dell inspiron 570 but the pins that came with the cpu heatsink won't push down fully. Is there any way to solve this? i tried pushing as hard as i can but it just wont push down and lock in place.....

August 29th, 2013 14:00

Hi jimmyfu96,

Well, I did check the cooler master website and the Hyper TX3 does support your processor and the motherboard, so ideally it should fit fine. Since you are facing difficulties in installing it, I would recommend to chat once with their live support team by clicking here

Hope this helps.

7 Posts

August 30th, 2013 15:00

So i just checked the cooler master website and they said to remove my black plate in order to install their cooler, but the problem is that i tried removing the black plate but it seems to be stuck onto the mother broad. Is there any way to remove the black plate is some other ways?

August 30th, 2013 16:00

Hi jimmyfu96,

Dell does not recommend removing the back plate of the motherboard as its risky that you might end up damaging the circuits on the motherboard by removing it. 

I would recommend to either contact a local technician who has any such expertise on removing the back plate or you can get the cooler changed.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

August 30th, 2013 18:00

So i just checked the cooler master website and they said to remove my black plate in order to install their cooler, but the problem is that i tried removing the black plate but it seems to be stuck onto the mother broad. Is there any way to remove the black plate is some other ways?

jimmyfu96

The back plate can not be removed, it is an integral part of the chassis.

The best you can do, is remove the motherboard from inside of the chassis.

Bev.

893 Posts

September 5th, 2013 23:00

[quote user="jimmyfu96"]

jimmyfu96

The back plate can not be removed, it is an integral part of the chassis.

The best you can do, is remove the motherboard from inside of the chassis.

Bev.

[/quote]

Beverly, this poor soul is trying to remove motherboard back plate, which is glued to motherboard.

jimmyfu96 you have to read my Uber Inspiron 570 upgrade Guide, you will find all answers there!

After Forum rebuld, my Guide was removed from the Sticky, so now people can not see easy information....

No Events found!