Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 11th, 2013 14:00

Dell Inspiron 570 case upgrade

I have recently upgraded my case to a cooler master storm scout, everything fits and works great except for the power and reset switch. I don't know which pins go to which cable. The mobo I believe is a MA785r, that is what is on the motherboard. If anyone knows what pins I need to connect please let me know. Also I will post picture when I get home tonight to better explain.

893 Posts

April 13th, 2013 19:00

OK, I am here.

Unfortunately I could not solve this question completely, yes you can connect any case to Dell Inspiron 570 MT motherboard 04GJJT, this is easy once you know connector setup, which I will show below, however there is one annoying problem - every time, at each boot I got this message

Alert! Front panel not detected.

Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run setup utility.

And I cannot find the way to fix it. So I just press F1 on each boot, sometimes it boots fast, sometimes slow, I really hate it, but can not find any other solutions.

So, let me show power connector wire setup, please excuse me for my handwriting it is ugly.

This is number 12 from above shown diagram of our motherboard, and next is our front panel connector whose wire colors are shown on my picture.

See if you can understand what I mean.

You just take corresponding wires from CM and plug them in according to my first picture, very easy, just pay attention to NO PIN location so you see how you can apply this information.

I hope Dell can provide some help here, but I am not sure if they know this themselves.

1.5K Posts

April 11th, 2013 15:00

Hi SobeNirvana,

Welcome to the community.

Please check the image below for the motherboard and the power connectors for the same:

Rest of the connectors would be for the hard drive and optical drive. Also, please provide us with the picture so we can advise you further.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

April 11th, 2013 21:00

Here are the connectors that go to the front panel for Power on/off, reset, hard drive light, and power light

I just need to know what goes where on the motherboard (Front Panel Connector (LEDH1)). I've read that the reset switch will NOT work on this MOBO but i'm not sure if that is true. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated, at worst i just have to open my case to push the stock on/off switch that came with the 570

April 12th, 2013 13:00

I am still useing the stock 570 MOBO, so i have the front panel connector in fig. 12 ( i have the same basic set up as kisianik, just not overclocked and different CM case) I just don't know which connector to connect to the pins in fig. 12

1.5K Posts

April 12th, 2013 13:00

Hi SobeNirvana,

Thanks for providing us this information.  I would like to inform you that on our motherboard Front Panel Connector is at number 12 on the above image.

As you have replaced the motherboard it might be different on your system. Kindly refer to manual or documentation that came with the motherboard.

And if the motherboard doesn't support the power switch then it would be better if you don't install it, as it may cause damage to the system.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

893 Posts

April 12th, 2013 19:00

I will try to explain tomorrow morning, going to work now

893 Posts

April 13th, 2013 19:00

Hi SobeNirvana,

Thanks for providing us this information.  I would like to inform you that on our motherboard Front Panel Connector is at number 12 on the above image.

As you have replaced the motherboard it might be different on your system. Kindly refer to manual or documentation that came with the motherboard.

And if the motherboard doesn't support the power switch then it would be better if you don't install it, as it may cause damage to the system.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

As OP mentioned - motherboard was not replaced! Computer case was replaced. Dell doesn't have RESET button, so this one is extra.

April 13th, 2013 22:00

Thanks guys, The Pin set up was exactly what i needed. Everything is working fine and works off the case power button. Also Kisianik, awesome guide for the Phenom II X4 BE! i was looking to buy a new PC off the shelf, but i found your guide and never looked back. Just one problem now.... cable management! once again thanks! 

6 Posts

June 3rd, 2013 22:00

kisianik I am curious if you found a solution to the front panel issue yet, also thanks for posting about upgrades to the 570, with your help I made this $270.00 clearance computer faster and better than my brothers $1100.00 xps 8500 with an i7 

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

June 3rd, 2013 22:00

Perhaps the lead from pin 5 to pin 9 is the issue?

I moved an XPS 8500 board into a Cooler Master N200 case and left that lead off, and there are no messages on boot. The pin assignments are the same as in kisianik's diagram; I have the power LED, HDD activity LED and power switch connected accordingly. I left the reset lead off.

6 Posts

June 3rd, 2013 23:00

thanks for the reply, I left that lead off as well mainly because I don't have it. I bought a rosewill challenger case and the front panel connector has a power switch, reset, and hdd led connector I left the reset connector off as well, I was curious if the jumper from 5 to 9 needs to be there or not. my pc runs fine except for the alert I get from bios but after hitting f1 it runs great. if I have to hit f1 from now on its not that big of a deal to me but if this can be fixed i'd like to.

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

June 4th, 2013 07:00

The 5-to-9 lead would be my first guess and my second guess would be that there's some piece of hardware present in the 570 front panel that's been overlooked and that the BIOS is expecting.

6 Posts

June 9th, 2013 13:00

after messing around a little bit I found that the dell front usb inputs have to remain connected or bios acts up and the jumper from 5 to 9 needs to be there. I hooked these things back up and it works fine, also I now have 4 front usb inputs instead of 2 so i'm happy with the way things turned out

893 Posts

June 12th, 2013 09:00

Hey, that was a great find! Now, rosewill challenger case question, if you connect original USB ports, where you placed those USBs, I looked at your case and don't see any room - so you just left them in the case? Also, Inspiron 570 front USB comes with Audio connectors in one package (lucky me, I did not throw this away), is USB original connector is GREEN and audio is Yellow? Dell motherboard has 3 USB ports and I think one each one can accept 2 USB ports, one left empty after I connected Cooler Master cables.

This is our motherboard

17, 16, 14 are USB connectors, by Default 17 is front panel USB and 16 and 14 are internal USB connectors.

So, you connected original to 17, or just to any others?

Can you please respond, this will make my PC really fly since I have SSD as boot drive.

Thanks for great find!

As soon as I fix it I will update the Guide.

6 Posts

June 13th, 2013 19:00

sorry for the slow response, I've been pretty busy lately. my case has room for three dvd drive bays and I only needed two so I custom made a mount with one of the bay covers so that I have the dell usb inputs, the green connector should be plugged into the front usb or #17 of your above diagram and the tan should be at #18, I hooked my case usb inputs into the internal usb socket. I will note that my front panel inputs supplied with the case do not have an autoplay feature meaning that if I plug something into the usb I have to locate that drive myself. don't forget about the jumper wire from pin 5 to pin 9 on the power connector

No Events found!