Highlighted

Dell Inspiron 570. i want to upgrade it for best gaming experience!

Jump to solution

i would like to upgrade my inspiron 570 for a better gaming experience but i'm new to this kind of things so i would like to know the best compatible equipment for my computer like the processor, RAM, video, and audio cards any help will be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
7 Plutonium

Re: Dell Inspiron 570. i want to upgrade it for best gaming experience!

Jump to solution

Hi GoneFishingFish,

Can you tell me what you've got for processor, RAM, and operating system? What's your budget?

Keep in mind that the Inspiron 570 is a consumer desktop. You can improve its performance a bit but you're not going to turn it into a gaming desktop. Just as putting racing tires on a Ford Focus does not make it a race car.

0 Kudos
gus2144
2 Iron

Jump to solution

i would upgrade the cpu if possible, the best video card your power supply can handle, or just get a better power supply and do the video card thing.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Wiindows 7 home premium 64bit

Amd Athlon II x2

4gb RAM

Money is not an issue is just that don't know that much about computers specially this one since it was a gift I got an older one which is basically for gaming but lately it's been a little hard to keep up since it's a laptop so I whole like to know what's the best I can do for this computer thanks a lot for your help

0 Kudos
RobinBredin
5 Rhenium

Jump to solution

Wiindows 7 home premium 64bit

Amd Athlon II x2

4gb RAM

Money is not an issue is just that don't know that much about computers specially this one since it was a gift I got an older one which is basically for gaming but lately it's been a little hard to keep up since it's a laptop so I whole like to know what's the best I can do for this computer thanks a lot for your help

You have the same system as me, and your CPU upgrade is this,

Inspiron 570 • AMD® Sempron™
• AMD Athlon™ II X2/X3/X4
• AMD Phenom™ II X2/X3/X4

As for your memory, you can get this in,

Memory
Connectors four internally-accessible DDR3 DIMM sockets
Memory-module capacities 1 GB and 2 GB
Memory type 1066-MHz DDR3 DIMM;
non-ECC memory only
Memory configurations possible 1 GB, 2 GB, 3 GB, 4 GB, 5 GB, 6 GB, 7 GB,
and 8 GB
NOTE: Memory configurations of more than 4 GB
require a 64-bit operating system.

I upgraded my PSU, and now using a Corsair CX 500 v2, but you can use any ATX type PSU, the higher the Watts, the bigger the graphics card you can use.

If my answer Was helpful?  Please let me know by clicking on the 'Did this answer your question' and clicking on the Yes button.  Thanks.

7 Plutonium

Jump to solution

Ok, here are some recommendations.

1. Your system can use up to 8GB of RAM (Each memory slot can hold DDR3 PC3-12800, DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 PC3-8500 with a maximum of 2GB per slot).

2. Using your current PSU, there are several video card options discussed in this thread.

3. For a higher end card, you'll need a power supply upgrade. Upgrading to a 450-500W PSU isn't cheap. The forum regulars recommend Corsair or Antec, which are pricey.

4. If you swap out the PSU, see HERE, HERE and HERE for more video upgrade ideas.

I should add that Robin is the best source for ideas since he has one of these.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot guys I really appreciate it! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

0 Kudos
Roman313
1 Copper

RE: Dell Inspiron 570. i want to upgrade it for best gaming experience!

Jump to solution

I have the same PC as his and it has 2 GB of RAM. Can I add one single 4 GB stick of ram with my original stick for a total of 6 GB RAM?

0 Kudos
Mgobah8
1 Nickel

RE: Dell Inspiron 570. i want to upgrade it for best gaming experience!

Jump to solution

There isn't a single 4 gb ram there's only 1 gb single and 2 gb single

0 Kudos