Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 31st, 2016 20:00

Dell Inspiron All in One 2350 - Where is the internal supply?

My Dell Inspiron 2350 All-in-One  was damaged by a power surge during a storm. I took it to Best Buy since this is where it was purchased.  They wanted way to much to fix it so I was going to replace it myself. The tech said that the internal power supply inside the PC needed to be replaced. After I opened the PC I could not locate an internal power supply. I have looked at the manual and can not find the internal power supply. Where is the power source or internal power supply that they said needed to be replaced that was damaged during the surge?

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

September 1st, 2016 13:00

The 2350 uses an external power supply. Did they test it with a different external supply?

If a new external power supply doesn't help, the fault could be any of the components inside, motherboard, converter board, display panel, etc.  So how did they decide this is a power supply issue?

What are the symptoms?

September 1st, 2016 14:00

Thanks for your reply. To answer your question - I just assumed when they said it was a power supply issue that it could be replaced. They were vague and did not go into more detail than that. It was not until after I opened it I noticed that there was not an internal power supply as i had thought. I do have a new working external power supply for the Dell 2350 so I know this is not the issue.

SYMPTOMS: I get absolutely no power to the desktop when trying to power on.  I changed out the MON-CVB Board (converter board) hoping this might be it but still nothing. I am not sure what to test now or where to go from this point without having to buy new components just to test in place of old components that may or may not be the problem.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 1st, 2016 16:00

The only other component that can be at fault is the mainboard - that will need replacement.

www.ascendtech.us/dell-inspiron-23-2350-8ng84-motherboard_i_mbdell8ng84impl.aspx

No Events found!