Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 19th, 2011 06:00

Dell Integrated Webcam Error 43

I have a Dell Integrated Webcam for my Studio 1558, and recently it has been disconnecting for no apparent reason. A message will pop up at random stating that a USB has disconnected. Also when the webcam does work, the quality is low and in black and white. I go into USB devices and it gives an Error 43 message.

Please help.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

June 19th, 2011 06:00

This section is for Desktops.  There is a separate section for Laptops and best to post your laptop problem there.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

June 20th, 2011 09:00

Code 43

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Recommended resolution

One of the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner.

If you have already run the Troubleshooting Wizard, you might want to check the hardware

documentation for more information about diagnosing the problem.

Method I
I would suggest you to run the hot fix and see if that helps.
If your high-speed USB 2.0 ports don't work, you might not have the correct driver installed for the ports in your computer, or the ports might be defective. If you are using an external USB hub plugged into your computer, this might also be defective or lack the proper drivers. Check Device Manager to see if your USB ports or hubs are working properly.

1.       Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager.‌  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2.       Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers and check to see if all your USB ports, hubs, and controllers are functioning correctly. Any devices not functioning will have a yellow exclamation mark in front of them.

3.       If Device Manager shows any USB ports, hubs, or controllers are not functioning, check for updated drivers. For more information, see Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly.

Additional Information: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Tips-for-solving-problems-with-USB-devices
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Install-a-USB-device
Method II
if the above method fails I would suggest you to delete upper filter  and Lower filter, the following steps will help you to delete the filter.
REGISTRY EDIT DISCLAIMER:
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows :http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. Locate and then click the UpperFilters registry value. This value is located in the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
4. Locate and then click the LowerFilters registry value. This value is located in the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
6. Exit Registry Editor.
7. Restart the computer.
Note If you remove both registry values, and then you lose functionality in a particular program such as CD recording software, you may have to reinstall that software. If this problem occurs again, contact the software vendor for help.

2 Posts

June 21st, 2011 01:00

I am having the exact same problem with my Studio XPS 8100 desktop!  I've tried to troubleshoot, re-install the software that came with the computer... not sure what to do next.

No Events found!