Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2013 10:00

Dell Network Adapter Missing After System Restore

I had a virus on my computer, so I downloaded the Windows 7 disk to restore it to its original settings. After the set up was complete  I tried to connect to the internet but there was no internet connect available through my wireless networks so I connected the Ethernet cord and still no internet access.  My other computers, laptops etc are working fine from both the ethernet and wireless so I know it is not my network. 

Since I do not have internet access on the Dell computer in reference, I tried to download the driver from the Dell Downloads and save it to a flash drive, but that has not worked. The two downloads I tried to use are blue-tooth downloads. 

Can someone help me out by direcingt me to a good Dell Inspiron M5040 Network Adapter or let me know how to restore my internet access.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

August 3rd, 2013 15:00

You can download the drivers to another computer--not a flash drive. Download it to the hard drive first and then copy it to a disk or thumb drive.

3.3K Posts

August 4th, 2013 02:00

Hi adminhelp,

Check if the network connections work in Safemode with networking. Restart the computer and tap F8 at Dell logo. Select Safemode with networking.

You can download the Ethernet controller from the following link:

http://dell.to/12QQ1Sb

As Mary G said, you can download it first and then install on Inspiron M5040.

Let me know the wireless card installed on the computer.

To install the correct Wireless card drivers, we need to know the correct Model/Device ID of the wireless card.

Do follow the steps below to check which network card you have in the machine:

1. Right click computer icon on the desktop.
  2. Select Manage.
  3. Select Device Manager from the right pane of the window that opens.
  4. Expand Network adapters from right pane.
  5. This will list the network card installed in the machine.

Right click the Network adapter. In the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id from the drop down.

Or else you can private message me the service tag of the computer so that I can find out the wireless drivers and Audio drivers.

To private message the service tag click my User name and click Start conversation.

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!