Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 21st, 2016 17:00

Dell Optiplex 780 Graphics card issue

Hello,

I recently purchased a Dell Optiplex 780 MT from Ebay. The computer has the following specs: 

Processor: Q8400 2.66GHz
Memory: 4GB(4x2GB) DDR3 RAM

ATI Radeon HD 3450. 

My issue is between owning the computer for a few months, I have been using the on board VGA port and recently purchased the DMS-59 to VGA and DVI adapter. When I installed the graphics card I get a message stating that the configuration is unknown and that I need to unplug the monitor from the display port. The problem I have is that with the VGA plugged into the adapter to the 3450, I get no video output. Now I have tested it on a different system and the card worked. I also changed g the configuration and turned off the message for video cards in the bios and have updated/ downgraded the bios as well. Does the system not support this card? or do I have a bad Motherboard?

Thanks

Josh

November 23rd, 2016 18:00

Greetings,

Thank you for writing to us.
Please connect the monitor to graphics card without the adapter and check if you are getting display.

November 23rd, 2016 22:00

I tried different power supplies, different cards and I took the ati card and put it in another computer and the card works. So I'm thinking that the motherboard is bad.

November 25th, 2016 20:00

Greetings,

Please share the system service tag or express service code through this private chat.
Click on my username select start conversation and send me the details. Please check this video to find service tag on the system using this link: http://dell.to/2fR53iw

No Events found!