I think you're out of luck, as XP is no longer an Intel-supported operating system.
I did check the Intel site for an XP driver, but the driver CD had drivers only for Windows 7 and 8. Even Vista is orphaned.
Microsoft Windows XP does not support the following devices:
- Intel Ethernet Connection I217-LM
- Intel Ethernet Connection I217-V
- Intel Ethernet Connection I218-LM
- Intel Ethernet Connection I218-V
- Intel I210 Gigabit Network Connection
- Intel I210 Gigabit Fiber Network Connection
- Intel I210 Gigabit Backplane Connection
- Intel I211 Gigabit Network Connection
- Intel Ethernet Server Adapter I210-T1
Softpedia notes that Intel does not support your network hardware for XP. If your employer wants to stay with an outdated operating system, they should use older hardware.
Farallon USB 1.1
do not require drivers in 2K or XP
PCI\VEN_8086 = INTEL
DEV_153A = Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM Drivers
INTEL Does not Support XP and Does not have drivers for XP for this product.
- What's New in This Release - Operating System Support - Installing Drivers and Intel(R) PROSet for Windows* Device Manager - User Guides - Intel Fiber Optic Adapters - Saving and Restoring Adapter Settings in Microsoft Windows operating systems - Teaming Notes - Jumbo Frames - Power Management and System Wake - Microsoft* Windows* 8.1 and Windows Server* 2012 R2 Notes - Microsoft* Windows* 8 and Windows Server* 2012 Notes - Microsoft* Windows* 7 and Windows Server* 2008 R2 Notes - Novell* NetWare* Notes - Intel(R) 82562V and 82562GT 10/100 Network Connection Notes - Intel(R) 10GbE Network Adapter Notes - Quad Port Server Adapter Notes - Known Issues - Customer Support
Congratulations To All users of OptiPlex 9020,, finally after working on this machine and trying lot of different drivers i found the way to install all drivers of this machine dell optiplex 9020 in windows XP SP3 32bit .. and for all of you i shared backup of all confirmed checked and installed drivers to my 4shared account and here is the link to download,,
snap shot of drivers is also included in this .RAR folder and for further details i welcome all to contact at my email,,
and i recommended you to use manual driver installation method to avoid the errors ..
hope it will work for all of you
Abdul Aziz Mangrio
I have a Dell Optiplex 9020 too. I downloaded all the drivers you post but it does not work the network driver. how do you install?