Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2015 02:00

Dell Optiplex 9020 power not turning on!!

i have dell optiplex 9020 which is not turning on but when i press the small power button backside of the powersupply the machine run but no display, after i stop pressing power will go, it gives power until i press the button after i stop no power, from the default machine when i press the power button nothing happens ( no power) at all. i removed all the cables RAM & with new power supply and plug them back to check but nothing happens, Plz kindly suggest wat is the exact problem for this.

Regards,

Chimabu

1.2K Posts

October 29th, 2015 11:00

Hi Chimabu,

Given in this case the system is failing to receive sufficient power from the source,do try these steps and advise the result.

*Disconnect the system from the wall socket and keep the power button pressed for atleast 15 - 20 secs here we are trying to release static charge from the system. Then connect the system back to the wall socket and try to power on the system.

*If the above step fails restart the system and check if the light at the back of the system where you mentioned you see a black radial button.If the light next to it light's up then the power supply unit works fine.

*After performing the above steps if you get the desired result then its a possible case of system board failure.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Regards,

October 31st, 2015 02:00

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for your reply, well i tried as you said pressing power button for 15 to 20 sec but it doesn't work and after i plug it back no power . in the back side of the power supply there is no light only after i press the black radial button power comes up if i stop pressing the button no power.i tried with another power supply too but same problem. plz find the attach..

Regards,

Chimabu

1.2K Posts

November 2nd, 2015 18:00

Hi,

The power supply is working fine since the radial light is on after pressing the black button.Now it could be a possible case where in the systemboard is faulty or the power button could have failed.

Can you disconnect the power button from the system and then directly try to power on the system.

If you are doubtful about this step then do not try this also do forward the service tag of the system via private message so that I can check the details to assist .

Regards,

November 4th, 2015 03:00

dear jennifer,

i checked but i din't found how to send private message, plz let me know so i can send you the service/tag. Express service code no :  Express service code removed per privacy policy>

1.2K Posts

November 5th, 2015 07:00

Hi ,

To send a private message you can click on my name and after which you will get an option to send a private message to me.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Regards,

No Events found!