Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2009 04:00

Dell Premium Mouse--See If You Can Solve This

Having a problem with my Dell Premium Mouse DP/N 0RP962 which I purchased as a replacement on my Vostro 400 running Vista HP. I want to disable the two side buttons because I keep accidently hitting them. I have the Mouse Suite installed  from the included CD (even tried several updated versions from Dell.com) and tried to use it to assign "NONE" to the two side buttons which is an option. It doesn't take. It keeps reverting back to the default options of "Back" and "Forward". I even tried assigning other functions to them. Still reverts back to the default functions (sometimes after next boot). Why won't my Dell Premium Mouse respond to the software that is supposed to control it. Any ideas? Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

August 1st, 2009 07:00

Have you tried the basic built in Microsoft/Windows mouse drivers?  That will probably disable those two buttons if you don't want to use them.    Uninstall the mouse suite and then restart the PC and you should be back to the basic mouse drivers.

45 Posts

August 4th, 2009 01:00

Have you tried the basic built in Microsoft/Windows mouse drivers?  That will probably disable those two buttons if you don't want to use them.    Uninstall the mouse suite and then restart the PC and you should be back to the basic mouse drivers.

Yes..Tried that. It still keeps the side buttons active. I tried various versions of the Dell Mouse Suite and it stays the way I want it for a while but then reverts back to the default settings with the side buttons active. Anyone have the solution?

45 Posts

August 6th, 2009 01:00

Anyone? The settings stay for less than a day then revert back to the defaults.

No Events found!