Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 23rd, 2011 19:00

Dell Preventive Maintenance Contract - Your one-stop solution for a trouble-free PC!

Ever experienced the frustration of a sluggish PC or the hassles of having to reinstall Windows after a system crash or the annoyances of a Spyware infection? Anyone who has gone through such experiences can relate to how much downtime and inconvenience all this can cause. With that said, though computers & the Internet have evolved at a tremendous pace over the last few years, the number of threats faced by a PC, in the form of Viruses, worms, Trojans, Spyware etc. have also exponentially increased. We are pleased to announce that we now have an offering which is designed to minimize such failures from happening in the first place. "Prevention is better than cure" – this is the basic guiding principle behind Dell Preventive Maintenance Contract (DPMC).

How does it work?
Our new Annual Preventive Maintenance contract is comprehensive package designed to keep your system running in smooth & trouble-free manner. We offer you a combination of both preventive maintenance & on-call support. What’s more, we would be calling you at periodic intervals (as per your convenience) to ensure that your system is performing optimally. We will also help back up your data, run thorough diagnostics on your system hardware, install the latest updates & ensure that your PC is free from any sort of spyware or virus. Ideally, this would minimize any sort of system crashes or downtime at your end.

DPMC’s Offerings:
1. PC Tune Up
2. Antivirus Update and Scan
3. Virus / Malware Removal
4. Operating system error fixes
5. Run hardware Diagnostics at regular intervals
6. Replacement of Faulty/failing components
7. Critical Updates
8. Dell Installed application Error fixes
9. Assistance with data Back up
10. Create System Restore Points on a periodic basis

Which system and region?
The DPMC service is presently offered for US and Canada customers belonging to Consumer section and is valid for following system models:
Inspiron Desktops & All-in-One desktops
Dimension desktops
Inspiron Notebooks
XPS Notebooks & Desktops
Studio Desktops & Notebooks
Studio XPS Desktops/Notebooks
NOTE - Systems which have exceeded an age of 5 years will not be eligible for this contract update.

Purchase Contract / What if I face an unexpected issue?
If you are interested to purchase the contract or should existing contract holders face any sort of software issue, you could contact us using following means:
1. Tweet us at @DellCares
2. Send us a Private Message using link http://dell.to/vEngxZ 
If you would like to know more details about our offerings or service visit us at: http://dell.to/v5c5na

Dell customer care/service. If already out of warranty, click hereFind your Service Tag
DELL-Chris M
#IWork4Dell

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

November 25th, 2011 04:00

If dell is asking what would we like to see offered I would add 2 things.

1.  A program like on the FED side "keep your hard drive Option" so that When the drive dies you get a new one with

everything already installed on it.

2.  16 Gig Bootable Fast USB flash drive with the Dell Datasafe recovery already done.  That way you can send the

keep your hard drive image out very fast but also you can have the user with media that works with a drive at least as large or larger.  This limitation is annoying but I can live with it.

17 Posts

November 30th, 2011 18:00

For some reason the link for "if you would like to know more details" does not open anything unless you right click on it and select 'open in new tab/window'.

Pricing information would be major part of evaluating how valuable this service might be.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 1st, 2011 07:00

I am using IE8 and the link opens just by left clicking it?

17 Posts

December 1st, 2011 07:00

Does not work in IE9.

When using IE9 and clicking the link it tries to fetch the page but then leaves you right where you started, on this same page.

The link to send a private message works as expected in IE9.

14 Posts

December 14th, 2011 10:00

Dont buy a Dell and you wont need this.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

December 14th, 2011 11:00

I like the idea of this kind of help but Adding a Keep your Hard drive Image

would be more helpful aka buying an image of the drive as it came from the factory.

49 Posts

December 14th, 2011 12:00

Dont buy a Dell and you wont need this.

Funny! 

But I suppose whether one needs it or not depends on the computer skills of the individual, and the price of the service.

Is there any pricing on this or is it being sold like Dell sells extended warranty...  that group is an embarrassment to Dell and behave like used car salespeople making up seemingly random prices and then hounding your for days with better and better deals in an attempt to get you to bite.  Price would indeed determine if this service is attractive or not. The fact that there is no mention of price suggests to me that it is probably too expensive and intended for a very narrow range of customers that are both price indifferent and ignorant to the other support options readily available to them.

2 Posts

December 15th, 2011 08:00

my computer go on in black and show 2 active partitions and don't let me do nothing i'm trying to restore and don't let me do it. plz i need help i don't have a cd boost.what i can do

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

December 15th, 2011 10:00

F8 factory restore will wipe out any user data.

21 Posts

December 16th, 2011 00:00

i'm trying to restore and don't let me do it.

2 Posts

December 19th, 2011 22:00

I PRESS F8, F10, F11 AND DO NOT DO ANYTHING I UNPLUG THE COMP. FOR 3 DAYS AND STILL THE SAME.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

December 20th, 2011 07:00

Pressing F8,F10,F11 does not repair physically damaged hard drives.

1 Message

January 11th, 2012 07:00

I recently had to re-install Windows XP onto my Vostro 320 and I cannot figure out how to adjust the screen so it doesn't look so wide and spread out.  Can you help?

8.8K Posts

January 24th, 2012 12:00

I recently had to re-install Windows XP onto my Vostro 320 and I cannot figure out how to adjust the screen so it doesn't look so wide and spread out.  Can you help?

s
Right click on your desktop....>>>properties>>>resolution>>>rise the resolution to a larger number.
That should help you....

8.8K Posts

January 24th, 2012 12:00

[quote user="jbmbjb"]

s
Right click on your desktop....>>>properties>>>resolution>>>raise the resolution to a larger number.
That should help you....

[/quote]

No Events found!