Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 13th, 2017 07:00

Dell S2316H no audio

Purchased the monitor today and set it up as per guide with HDMI. When booted pc, no audio from integrated speakers. Audio works via headset and when plugged into other monitor/tv via HDMI. Cables are correctly fitted, monitor audio menu is set to HDMI and the monitor is set as the default audio output. When audio is playing, despite no audio output, the audio bars move as if it is registering the audio.

• 

16.7K Posts

July 13th, 2017 07:00

AdsG,

You can click the link below to download the online manual for information on how to adjust the settings with the monitor as well as turning up the volume.

Dell S2316H Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

4 Posts

July 13th, 2017 12:00

All volume settings are set to 100% with the correct input channels selected. I have carried out the tests as explained in the manual and I am still facing the same problem. I have searched these forums as well as others and it appears that I am not the first/only person to have encountered this issue.

• 

16.7K Posts

July 14th, 2017 07:00

AdsG, 

If you right click on the speaker in the taskbar and choose playback devices do you see the monitor as an option? If so, choose it to see if that will resolve the sound issue.

4 Posts

July 14th, 2017 15:00

Yes, I have done all of this.

4 Posts

July 15th, 2017 02:00

I have rerun the Dell driver update software and it tells me that the driver (Dell S2316H(HDMI) - DELD07E) can still be installed however when I click on "Next to install driver" the updater says that it was been installed successfully. If I rerun the software again, however, it says the same message that the driver can be installed. Does this mean that the driver updater isn't working or is this a generic message that will appear every time despite the driver being installed or not?

• 

16.7K Posts

July 17th, 2017 06:00

AdsG,

Uninstall the current driver, reboot and then install it back into the system. 

No Events found!