Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 16th, 2009 09:00

Dell Studio One 19

Does anybody know how to upload pics to the the dell touch zone? without using flicker?

4.6K Posts

December 16th, 2009 11:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

I don't know what the "touch zone" you speak of is, but the most common method, is to upload pics/videos to one or other of the free image hosting websites.

PhotoBucket is one of - if not the most popular such sites.

Once you've created an account, upload your pictures, then simply copy/paste the IMG code they provide under each image, into/onto the "touch zone"

If the "touch zone" doesn't allow actual images, PhotoBucket also include a URL for a link to the pictures :emotion-5:

10 Posts

December 16th, 2009 19:00

Hi Cyllca,

Dell Touch Zone Photo viewer will display any images in either "pictures" or "public\pictures" that are there when the application starts.

If you add additional photos while Touch Zone is running, you will need to Quit Touch Zone and Start it again.

Hope that helps

Fingertapps team

1 Message

January 8th, 2010 08:00

Can anyone tell me how to get the curved display back in Touch ZONE?  I clicked on the settings and clicked on the straight layout to see what it looked like - and now I can't get back to the curved display. I've reinstalled multiple times and now it's stuck in the straight display mode with fewer apps showing.

10 Posts

January 10th, 2010 14:00

Hi bevanmission,

In straight mode you can still use the mouse or touch to scroll the tiles just drag a tile left or right.

If you scroll  to the right most tile (which is the settings tile), then choose appearances and the rounded button. You should be back to normal.

Cheers

Fingertapps team

1 Message

February 7th, 2010 01:00

Do you know yhe way to do for have another web navigator (I use Mozilla Firefox) when you select the tile navigator ? (And that use IE ...???) I have put FF by default use but ???

10 Posts

February 7th, 2010 12:00

Hi Alain,

The Touch Zone IE tile starts up iexplore.exe, it does not start up the default web browser.

There is currently no way to change that or add in a firefox tile.

I do however think it is a good idea and will bring it up with the development team.

Cheers

Fingertapps Support

2 Posts

February 20th, 2010 15:00

I moved my music into both my Music and public music folders, and yet I cannot get the music to appear in the touchzone. I have re-started several times, but no luck.  I am doing this on Windows 7.  The pics seem to work fine, just not the music.  Any suggestions?

10 Posts

February 22nd, 2010 18:00

Hi,

that sounds like it should have worked.

However Touch Zone only supports mp3 and wma formats at this time.

If one of those are the file format that you are trying to use, take a screenshot of window explorer viewing the a music folder with some music files showing and email it through to me.

support (at) fingertapps.com

To take a screenshot

1.    Bring up the window you want to take a screenshot of, in this case Windows Explorer.
2.    Hold the "Alt" key while you press and release the "Print Scrn" key (Print Scrn is usually found up by the Insert / Home keys)
3.    An image of the currently active application will now be in your windows clipboard.
4.    To save this image, start paint. Start->Programs->Accessories->Paint
5.    Go to the edit menu and choose paste
6.    Save it as a jpg somewhere where you will be able to find it again (like the desktop or my documents)
7.    Now attach that saved image to your reply email.

Cheers

Fingertapps Support

2 Posts

February 23rd, 2010 16:00

The music comes from my itnes file.  Is that not MP3?  After looking it sems that it is MPEG.  I was hoping to discontinue using itunes so I could use the dell media process. I guess I will have to see if I can convert those files.  Is there any chance that Touch Zone will look to add other file formats?

10 Posts

February 23rd, 2010 17:00

Hi there,

Could you right click on one of the music files in windows explorer and choose properties, then look at the top of the General tab it should say something like

. eg myfile.mp3

What is the file extension (i.e. the part after the full stop)?

To convert your files, this link may be of help

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1550

I agree iTunes music playback would be a handy feature and I will pass this on to the development team.

Cheers

Fingertapps Support

1 Message

March 31st, 2010 22:00

Every time I go into the touchzone picture viewer I get an message "fingertapps.exe - No Disk   There is no disk in the drive. Please insert disk into drive Device\Harddisk1\DR1"

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks!

10 Posts

April 28th, 2010 23:00

Hi ,

the No disk in drive message relates to the card reader.

The new version of Touchzone that you may have already been prompted to download (1.2.1.8) solves this issue.

Alternately you can download that new version from support.dell.com

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R260005&formatcnt=0&libid=0&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&fileid=381361

Hope that helps

Fingertapps Support Team

2 Posts

August 20th, 2010 08:00

I have the same problem.  I prefer the curved display but cant get it back.  The suggestion of using some square to the right?  What square to the right and I can't resize the straight layout anyway.  Let me know how you resolved this.  Thanks so much

No Events found!