Zenous
1 Copper

Dell Studio XPS 8100 not turning on

Having rather strange problem with my desktop, if I open up the case to add new hardware or even just have a look when I set it back in my desk and plug it all in it will refuse to turn on in the upright position just a flicker of light from the power button. Usually I fixed this by taking out the new hardware or just unpluging and opening up the case for a few minutes before pluging it back in and it would turn on as normal after being plugged back in. This time however I opened it up to add a hard drive and then realised i didn't need to so i just closed it up and plugged it in, trued to boot it up but as usual it refused on the first try. So i tried the usual method of letting it breathe but that didn't work so i decided to try and boot itup lying on its side, to my surprise it booted up fine, so i thought great it's working again, put it back in the desk in the upright position and it won't turn on. Had a look about and noone else seems to have this problem so i have no clue how to fix it. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Dell Studio XPS 8100 not turning on

Hi Zenous,

Check if  there is any lose connections on the system that is causing this. Reset all the cables and try again.

Please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos