Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 9th, 2014 10:00

Dell T3500 - Power Save Mode Issue

Hey Guys,

I've read up some about it but the basic, "is it the monitor, keyboard, mouse?" answer aren't doing the trick. We've swapped out cables, monitors, changed power settings, nothing has worked. I'm on the brink of changing out the video card, and we'll see if that helps, but I believe one of my co workers tried this before and it still kept happening. Memory isn't an issue, these are all freshly imaged machines, they use the same image as all the other ones, and it's only about 20-30 out of maybe 100+ machines we have on hand. We are slowly upgrading to 3600/3610's, which we haven't seen this problem with, but I'm VERY interested in why this is happening. It's very random, so it's hard to get a dell tech support person on the phone when it happens, but even bringing up the issue, no one has an answer and you can tell they are just reading off of a script.

If you've had any issue similar, know of a fix, have something I can try, let me know, thanks guys.

78 Posts

December 9th, 2014 11:00

I dont understand this thread because the issue is the power saving mode and yet you changed the keyboard, mouse, monitor, and about to change the video card which has nothing to do with power save mode. The real answer is here in this link if you use windows 8 or 8.1.

yadi.sk/.../Odzd9qw1caH6L

3 Posts

December 9th, 2014 12:00

Windows 7.

Making the point I've tried all ports and switches, I've opened up other threads on other sites and those have been suggested, so adding on to what I've tried to keep everyone posted.

3 Posts

December 10th, 2014 06:00

Any help would be great, thanks!

No Events found!