RoHe
6 Indium

RE: Dell T3600 Pttt9 Front Panel Pin Layout

Jump to solution

What did the (eBay?) sellers say about the CPU and motherboard? If they guaranteed they'd work, maybe you can get your money back. Can't hurt to ask...

Maybe just put these parts aside and use them as motivation to earn/save money until you can afford to finish this project with a T3600 case and PSU.

Is the other system a Dell or something else? You might want to get the i5 for $50 (assuming they guarantee it works) and use that for a while.  And if it's compatible, use some of that 12 GB of RAM to max out the RAM in the system along with a CPU upgrade.

And your Parents know what's best...  emoticon.Wink.title

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
edstewbob
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Did you ever get the information you are looking for with the T3600? I also got this MB coming, a supported CPU, and a generic PSU but am not sure how to power on the system when it all arrives. All other MB's I have used have two pins that if shorted cause the MB to power on/off and is how power on switches work for anything I have ever used. An on/off switch is connected to each of the pins and when it is pressed the pins are shorted, thus causing the PSU to power up. For the T3600 I have been unable to find anything on any MB docs that show if this MB is powered up in the normal way as other standard motherboards. The technical docs available for this machine are pretty good but this piece of info isn't readily available. I'm kinda wondering if this system has a customized PSU where the power on/off switch connects directly to the PSU rather than to the MB which is the norm. Like you I'm not sure if my equipment will work but the sellers have assured me that the components are in working order.

0 Kudos
speedstep
6 Thallium

Jump to solution

The power supply is propietary on this model and it uses a Board to attach the power supply to the motherboard with another series of cables. HOWEVER there are tons of FANS and Sensors and other required items to POST. Dell Does NOT and will NOT provide pinouts.

The PSU plugs into a SLOT and then multiple cables go from there.

There are more than 3 Sizes and Wattage.

http://www.dell.com/support/article/th/en/thdhs1/SLN151694/

http://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_dell_precision_workstation/prec...

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

OneHandedDJ
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

No, i was able to return! Because of all the dell proprietary connections, sensors and since i needed the computer within a couple weeks i decided not to mess with it. I ended up buying a hp z420 motherboard and a 24 to 18 pin power adpater which with a little tinkering i got working. Along with my e5 2667 and 16gb unregistered ecc ram i also bought used on ebay i have myself a budget powerhouse that was a $188 upgrade.

0 Kudos
OneHandedDJ
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thanks for the help! I went to return the motherboard and realized i still had a couple hours left! lol! The seller accepted my return and I'm in the process of returning it. I bought a used hp z420 motherboard on ebay and a 24 pin to 18 pin power adapter. Didn't take me long to get it up and running. Bought 16gb unregistered ecc ram and used my e5 2667 and are all working together for $188!

0 Kudos